Dear Catster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Catster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Catster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Catster magazine, www.catster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found elsewhere within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Catster

Sneak Peak at New Gift Store!

Teddy RheingoldsTeddy Rheingolds San FranciscoMember Posts: 1,743
edited 8 November, 2007 in Plus Informational
Purrrrs and tail waves, am I ever so happy to say that we are super close to releasing a new store that lets you give many more gifts to anyone on the site. Also when you get a gift it\'ll appear in a special gifts box on your page. We\'re so close to releasing this to everyone that we thought the Plus kitties should get a peak at some screenshots of what is about to be released. Screen Shot of the Gift Store (Don\'t hate me, but these shots are from my dog\'s Dogster page (hisssss) but you\'ll see the Gift box as it will be on Catster. I thought it better to get the links up then slow down it\'s release for everyone. Screen Shot of a Pet Page with Gift Box Screen Shot of a Pet Page showing a Rosette\'s details (There is no longer a pop-up window to view details) Screen Shot of a Pet Page show a Gift\'s details These should be available before the end of next week! Ted / HQ

Comments

• cat shepherdcat shepherd KnoxvilleMember Posts: 6,314
    edited 2 November, 2007
    We can't wait!!! ;c; |:| to Ted and Catster HQ!
  • karen andersonkaren anderson small town siamesevilleMember Posts: 5,514
    edited 2 November, 2007
    =; Oh my cats!!!! These are purrfect!!!! Paws up to you all!!!!!
  • Diana GabaldonDiana Gabaldon PortlandMember Posts: 5,607
    edited 2 November, 2007
    Wow, this looks really neat. I am excited to use it. Thank you!
  • Tiffany McConnellTiffany McConnell OmahaMember Posts: 30,862
    edited 2 November, 2007
    Pure awesomeness!!!! =D>
  • Pamela HaneyPamela Haney Old ForgeMember Posts: 893
    edited 3 November, 2007
    SO awesome HQ!!!!! :b:
  • Michele AshleyMichele Ashley Chattanooga/HixsonMember Posts: 3,161
    edited 3 November, 2007
    Awsome HQ Yall are great! :b:
  • Kristyn LuksKristyn Luks Member Posts: 32,266
    edited 3 November, 2007
    OMC! This is great! Way to go, HQ...=D>=D>
  • Donna LenzDonna Lenz BethelMember Posts: 4,600 ✭✭✭
    edited 3 November, 2007
    They look great - but some of them are rather large? They overshadow the Stars and the Rosettes. I think they would look a lot better if they were a little smaller. Also - they will only stay up a month, that's disapointing. Since they will cost as much as a Star? I know Plus gets them for a little less, which is cool. I love the idea, and I think the catagories are great - especially the cupcake for Birthdays.
  • SAMANTHA BOWMANSAMANTHA BOWMAN TAMPAMember Posts: 92
    edited 3 November, 2007
    CAN'T WAIT FOR THE STORE! :b:;c;=D>
  • ZACKandZOEYZACKandZOEY Cave Creek, AZMember Posts: 12,043 ✭✭
    edited 3 November, 2007
    ;c; I can't wait for the Gift Store to open ;c; %:D% When is the Grand Opening?? %:D% ;) I'll be there ;c; This will be so much fun ;c; I see that Ted posted "These should be available before the end of next week!" YAY!!
  • CalvinCalvin ScottsdaleMember Posts: 8,818 ✭✭✭
    edited 3 November, 2007
    Isn't this exciting, Rocky Ann? Wowza! %:D%=D>=D>=D>

The Cats in the Clover
    Samoa, Calvin, Violet, Gleek, Spunky, Sugar, Vivien, Newman, & Inky

• VM PetrackVM Petrack Waterford (Erie)Member Posts: 145
    edited 3 November, 2007
    %:D% ;c; %:D% ;c; %:D% ;c; Woohoo! This looks like FUN... ... especially for special occasions! %:D% ;c; %:D% ;c; %:D% ;c;
  • Samantha PittengerSamantha Pittenger NorthernMember Posts: 14,599
    edited 3 November, 2007
    |:|;c;=;=D> Oh how exciting!! It looks pawsome!!!!!! Way to go Catster HQ!!!
  • Denine BlevinsDenine Blevins CharlotteMember Posts: 357
    edited 3 November, 2007
    Too cool! Can\'t wait!! ;c; ;P =;
  • Leanne FroebelLeanne Froebel Member Posts: 1,730
    edited 4 November, 2007
    I am very excited to hear about the new gift store - I think it's a pawsome idea! I have to say though I agree with Morgan's comments too. It does appear (from the sample screen shots) that this will be a rather large and somewhat cluttered new section on our pages and I also think this will look better on our pages if it could be made smaller. I also agree that if these gifts will only stay on our pages for only one month, that 4-5 zealies is a little high to pay (cool that Plus get a discount though). These are just my humble opinions. I still really love the idea and am looking forward to checking out the new store!
  • edited 4 November, 2007
    holy katz! So many choices! *claps happily* We must ditto Mr. Fez, however, regarding page space. Some of us are minimalists. Thank you, HQ. -jacques for Clan Fiend
  • P IngramP Ingram EaganMember Posts: 7,400
    edited 4 November, 2007
    Love the gift store. Still missing the one things we really need, an easier way to thank gift givers. On the detail let us send a PMAIL to them!!!!!!
  • Teddy RheingoldsTeddy Rheingolds San FranciscoMember Posts: 1,743
    edited 4 November, 2007
    Fez & Morgan, good news, We don't expect kitties to have as many gifts as I have there. We've been testing a bunch, so you see what would be a bonanza of gifts and probably not a very common gift box. I decided to show that to show the different types of gifts ;> Meowsz!
  • Leanne FroebelLeanne Froebel Member Posts: 1,730
    edited 4 November, 2007
    Thanks so much for clarifing about size/space HQ! I do love the idea and am looking forward to checking out the store when it opens! =; Mr. Fez and family
    edited 4 November, 2007
    ;c; I wish the Gift Store would open on Tuesday in time for my boyfriend **RIPLEY'S** Birthday!! I would love to buy him some gifts. But that is probably too soon for the opening. I will have to buy him something belated. ;c; %:D% This is going to be SO cool !! Purrfect for Birthdays, Anniversaries, Special Honors or Just Because!! I will have to make sure I do extra chores around the house so I can earn some Zealie money. |^|
    edited 5 November, 2007
    Hey HQ - We love the new changes and are very excited for the grand opening. In response to what you said "We don't expect kitties to have as many gifts as I have there", ummmmmm have you seen Rocky Ann's page? MOL I am just still a bit concerned about the size of the gifts taking up a lot of space on the page. Maybe I am misunderstanding. I am sure you will make it really nice.
    edited 5 November, 2007
    :r :-h Hi Diego!! Maybe we can't see the true size of the "gifts" from those links. I can't see them being too big when you see the size of the stars and rosettes we have now. It will be very interesting to see. One kitty told me they have something like this I think on facebook.com. I will have to check it out because I'm not familiar with that site. Maybe I will go stroll and check that out.
    edited 5 November, 2007
    :-h Hi Rocky Ann. I hope I didn't embarass you. Your page is just a good example of not only someone who gets a lot of rosettes and stars but gives them too. |:| The example page only had 13 gifts and from what they look like on the page compared to stars and rosettes, they look about 3x the size. Yikes!
  • Heidi HessenHeidi Hessen Acworth/KennesawMember Posts: 975
    edited 5 November, 2007
    Thank you HQ!!! Y'all ROCK!!! Headbonks and Drivebys! Little Mamma, Uncle Odinn, Maxwell, Zoe, Skitzee, Sparky and Lucy Mae (woof!) |$|
    edited 5 November, 2007
    :)) Diego I don't get embarrassed too easily but I do like that pink blushing emoticon ;c; I join you in the Yikes! We'll have to see when the store opens!! Oops, almost furgot to give you a hug! |:|
  • Donna LenzDonna Lenz BethelMember Posts: 4,600 ✭✭✭
    edited 5 November, 2007
    Thanks HQ ! But I agree with Diego on some pages. Look at Rocky Ann or Simba's and their gifts would be six pages down! MOL!!!!!!! We do love it a lot though! And appreciate the constant enhancements for us!
  • Jan ArmstrongJan Armstrong Member Posts: 6,559
    edited 5 November, 2007
    Something else my family cannot afford to do :(( Five zealies for a star and 4 zealies for a gift :( At least our zealies do not expire and we can let them add up, but group admins sure do use zealies quick.
  • Wendy RileyWendy Riley MantuaMember Posts: 7,301
    edited 6 November, 2007
    I love the idea of giving gifts. I can't wait to see how it works. I think the samples look good. I don't mind if the gifts are a little bigger. I like shizzle. :)) Icebox - There are so many ways to earn free zealies. Mom added a whole bunch of things to local when that offer was up and now she has been voting in the coolest cat show to earn more free zealies. We have a ton saved up and mom has a friend on dogster that was able to earn 900 zealies by adding stuff to dogster local.:-O Keep an eye on the homepage and the newsletter.;c;
  • Carli CronjeCarli Cronje PretoriaMember Posts: 4,447
    edited 7 November, 2007
    It looks pawsome HQ!! A new, fun way to show our special furriends how much we luv them! Can't wait to try it out! *giggles* Hmm...I hope that there will be "lower cost" gifts (like rosies are to stars) that furrmilies without lots of zealies can gift too...then maybe they can stay up for a week like a rosie? But THANK YOU for the pawsome new features - you are the best! |:| Snowy, Queenie, Toby, Rosie & the kits
  • Rebecca FuseeRebecca Fusee TracyMember Posts: 3,048
    edited 7 November, 2007
    Oh wow! This is going to be so fun! I love the new gifts - thanks HQ!! =D>