OMC! Special Gifts are Now Live!

Teddy RheingoldsTeddy Rheingolds San FranciscoMember Posts: 1,743
edited 16 November, 2007 in Plus Informational
ZOMC! Special gifts are live. You can now give a new gift to any kitty by going to www.catster.com/gifts. Given special gifts will then appear on their pet page in the new Special Gift Box. Received gifts also appear on their homepage, family page and their gift history page. The recipient will also get an email letting them know they got the special gift. Here are some other enhancements as part of this enhancement: *When you click to view the details of a gift, rosette or star they no longer appear as pop-ups. They are overlay layers and are much faster. Click the gift image on a pet page to see the info (just as before) and then click on the 'close' link or anywhere else on the page other than the info layer to close it. *Any member with Zealies can give Zealies to any other member. You can still buy Zealies for some kitty, but if you just want to give a couple of your Zealies to someone or a hundred of them you can use our next direct gifting option. You do this on the Zealies page. The recipient will get an email letting them know of your generosity. *You can now give a gift (or rosette or star) from your whole family instead of only one of your pets. *You can still embed your own images in the message text. *Currently the only way to give a gift is to go to the URL www.catster.com/gifts, but very soon the gift icon on pet pages will link to the gift store and there will be a link in the top buttons. *As before certain gifts are only available to give if you are a Plus member. Also Plus members get discounts on most gift prices. Plus kitties are special! Nothing is going to change that! Purrrs and tail waves!

Comments

• Heather BellamyHeather Bellamy Perry / StatesboroMember Posts: 5,506
    edited 8 November, 2007
    Pawsome HQ! Thanks so much! I just gave my first gift away. So cool! Thanks for giving Plus members a 1 zealie discount on the stars too! It's going to be nice to pay 4 instead of 5 zealies from now on!
  • CalvinCalvin ScottsdaleMember Posts: 8,818 ✭✭✭
    edited 8 November, 2007
    Thanks for letting gifts and rosettes be from the whole family! Can't wait to try out the new gifts!

The Cats in the Clover
    Samoa, Calvin, Violet, Gleek, Spunky, Sugar, Vivien, Newman, & Inky

edited 8 November, 2007
    I thought all the gifts would be 4 zealies for Plus members - wowza, some of them are pretty expensive - 18/20 zealies? :(

The Cats in the Clover

edited 8 November, 2007
    Hey HQ - we've had problems getting to some cats pages this afternoon - we get an abort error and it kicks us off Catster completely. I heard another cat had the same problem - could it have anything to do with the gift shop being opened or the changes in our rosettes? I've noticed the rosettes look weird on our page - like there is a blank line (row) inbetween each row of rosettes. Just wanted to let you know~

The Cats in the Clover

• Diana GabaldonDiana Gabaldon PortlandMember Posts: 5,607
    edited 8 November, 2007
    We are just trying this now with little sucess. Catster as a whole is running way slow for me. Maybe because this is so new??? I just thought I would mention it. Thanks for the new options. I am sure I will have more to comment on as we use them more.
  • Rebecca HornerRebecca Horner Prescott ValleyMember Posts: 8,496
    edited 8 November, 2007
    I love it HQ! Thank you! One suggestion tho: I think some of the more expensive gifts should last forever like the stars. The stars are only 5 zealies and last forever, the cake is 20 zealies and lasts a month!!!!
    edited 8 November, 2007
    OK, I was able to give out 2 gifts so far. It took about 5 minutes total. I now am having problems even opening some of my friends pages. Everytime I open them, the page crashes. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • Jan ArmstrongJan Armstrong Member Posts: 6,559
    edited 8 November, 2007
    Yes. I think the update has caused some problems. Our pages are running slow. There are blank spaces and lines in between the rosettes I cannot open some pet pages now. I am getting from my group members that they are having this same problem with theirs and/or other\'s pages. As far as I know, this is an IE problem. An error window will come up \"Internet explorer cannot open\" and when we click okay to close it goes to the cannot find page and freezes the browser. I cannot get the Catster Of The Week to give Nefers a rosette :((
  • SuKoRoSuKoRo SouthernMember Posts: 1,532 ✭✭
    edited 8 November, 2007
    :(( I can\'t open my page. It just crashes. My bro can open his page but the rosettes aren\'t displaying correctly. :((:((
  • ZACKandZOEYZACKandZOEY Cave Creek, AZMember Posts: 12,043 ✭✭
    edited 8 November, 2007
    ::o HELP HQ !!!!!! ::o I haven\'t been able to get to my own page for quite awhile now. I couldn\'t get to COTW Neferkitty\'s page or Orca\'s page either. :-/ Not sure how many pages are having this problem. Thanks to Samoa for mentioning this problem too.
    edited 8 November, 2007
    Yes, Pansy's and Rocky Ann's pages are the two I can't get to!!! Everytime it crashes!
    edited 8 November, 2007
    Wow, some of the gifts are pretty expensive. I think some of those will be just for very special occasions.
    edited 8 November, 2007
    :-h Hi Diego!!! :-/ I wonder what is happening with my page ?? :-O
    edited 8 November, 2007
    OMC!! They\'ve shut down my palace!!! Diego, your \'rosettes given\' section isn\'t displaying correctly either when I look at it!! :((:((
    edited 8 November, 2007
    Hi guys :-h I sure hope Catster will have this fixed soon. I miss visiting your pretty pages. I wonder why some are available and some aren't. I can get to Sully's page but not Pansy's.
  • Amee BarnettAmee Barnett Morgantown, WVMember Posts: 31
    edited 8 November, 2007
    I love the gifts! I just gave my first one. I also like the way the rosettes/stars/gifts load now.. much faster and cleaner looking. Nice work! :h:
    edited 8 November, 2007
    :-h Pansy at least we are together!! I sure hope they fix us up fast!! |:|
  • Dana DunnDana Dunn Member Posts: 2,587
    edited 8 November, 2007
    Same type of problems here too. I really like the new gift shop but wowzers some of those prices are steep! I have been able to give a couple of gifts, but when I gave one from my entire family, it said it was given by "Stinky." **sniffs her fur** I swear I just took a bath! I shouldn't be "Stinky" mol I would love to see the prices come down a bit, and for the items to be permanent instead of a couple weeks or a month. I know I won't be giving away anything that costs 18/20 zealies and lasts a month. But over all I really like it, just hope all these fleas can get fixed, and boy I wonder what this is going to do to our css pages. :-O:))
    edited 8 November, 2007
    Even though I couldn't get on my page, my boyfriend delivered me some beautiful flowers :c9 What a sweetie!! Luckily I can see them on the home page. |^|
  • Sarah MinerSarah Miner MaplewoodMember Posts: 3,790
    edited 8 November, 2007
    I cant open any of our pages either I'm sure the gifts are awesome but I wish I could view our pages.
    edited 8 November, 2007
    MOL Oly! If your gift says it\'s from \"Stinky\" they\'re gonna think it\'s from my bro, Sully.:))
    edited 8 November, 2007
    I can see your page now, Ruben!! I noticed that alot of the rosettes are in a funny order on cat's pages and not in a straight line as usual. Maybe they are doing groups of cats at a time and when the work is all done, everything will be straightened out. Let's hope!!
  • Julie BennettJulie Bennett TorontoMember Posts: 280
    edited 8 November, 2007
    O.K. not just me! I was wondering if something was up because I can't open any kitty's pages now! Purrs Marvie
  • Lori MalmLori Malm San FranciscoMember Posts: 7,342
    edited 8 November, 2007
    We're making tweaks along the way and hope to have the fleas removed soon. Thanks for you patience! Meow! **HQ**
    edited 8 November, 2007
    =; Thanks HQ Mommy will give me a flea bath while waiting. :))
  • Joanne LamsteinJoanne Lamstein GoshenMember Posts: 1,911 ✭✭
    edited 8 November, 2007
    YEAH YEAH!!!! WHOO HOO!!!! TOYS!!!!! Lots of new TOYS!!!!!! Thank you HQ!!! :b:
  • Eva viezelEva viezel MontrealMember Posts: 3,008
    edited 8 November, 2007
    Hey everyone, there are problems only if you are using IE We have firefox cause even the best of days IE and catster don\'t get along :? The gifts are cute but way too pricey. The cost of a star coming down however is nice. Thank you :b:
  • Samantha PittengerSamantha Pittenger NorthernMember Posts: 14,599
    edited 8 November, 2007
    Hmmm I know some of my friends had problems getting on their pages and others, but we got on catster at 5pm Catster time, and had no problems.. Our stars and rosettes did look WEIRD but when we hit F5 (refresh) all is good.. I love how the stars are 4 zealies now and the cool rainbow one! And the gifts are pawsome.. BUT WHY are they only displayed for 2 weeks??? It would be nice if they all were on for 1 month... And 18 zealies??? Sorry friends, not going to happen.. We have bought probably over $600 in zealies since the option was available, but no way are we spending 18 for something that doesn't last forever...
  • Samantha PittengerSamantha Pittenger NorthernMember Posts: 14,599
    edited 8 November, 2007
    Forgot to add that our family uses Firefox only (IE always boots us off ALL websites!!!!) and no problems... IE was slow when we just tried it, but Firefox=fast! Great work HQ LOVE IT!!! =;
    edited 8 November, 2007
    Wally: We've never had problems with IE and Catster, and we really like the version of IE we have because of the way you can open up multiple windows. I sure hope HQ gets that fixed soon! HQ - not to complain too much, but I'm not really crazy about how the rosette window pops up, and here is my reason why. If I click on a rosette, and need to scroll down to see the message, or the complete picture in the rosette box, it disappears when I go over to scroll down! I liked having the rosette window stay up until I closed it on my own.

The Cats in the Clover