OMC! Special Gifts are Now Live!

Comments

• Karen LeeKaren Lee The kingdom of Mer-lotMember Posts: 89,020
    edited 10 November, 2007
    I don't know if this has been answered already. Why do some gifts last 1 week and others last 2 weeks or 1 month?
  • edited 10 November, 2007
    Thank you, HQ!!!;c;
  • ZACKandZOEYZACKandZOEY Cave Creek, AZMember Posts: 12,043 ✭✭
    edited 10 November, 2007
    =; I feel better that HQ is on top of this problem and is working on it. I will be more patient knowing that. I will be asking Daddy for info on the info needed and send an email to Ted too. ;c; Thanks HQ we know you are doing your best. We just want to get back to our normal playing!! ;c;
  • CalvinCalvin ScottsdaleMember Posts: 8,818 ✭✭✭
    edited 10 November, 2007
    I knew that Top Cat would be on this quicker than you could say flea powder! We also have IE7 and sure don\'t want to change because we like it alot! I was also wondering why the pumpkin pie can\'t be given like regular rosettes when that is what it is - seems it can only be given from the gift page. Another thing I noticed was when we get a pmail telling us about a rosette from a family - it almost looks like an anonymous rosette in the pmail because it doesn\'t say who it is from. Thanks HQ for keeping us happy. Now, if I could talk to that Diary Gal - MOL!!!

The Cats in the Clover
    Samoa, Calvin, Violet, Gleek, Spunky, Sugar, Vivien, Newman, & Inky

• AshPoGusAshPoGus AlbuquerqueMember Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭
    edited 10 November, 2007
    So that's where I saw the pumpkin pie! I left a rosette while ago and couldn't figure out why it wasn't among the choices. I thought I had seen it! Duh!
    edited 10 November, 2007
    HQ - one more thing I noticed and I'm not sure if this will always be the case, but when we give a gift, it takes a very long time until all the photos appear. I would almost prefer having to click to see the pictures rather than wait for them all to load. I have only been using the feature where you put in the cat's ID number, rather than scrolling through the photos. It would be nice to not have to wait for those pictures to load. Maybe once the kinks get worked out this weekend, that feature will be faster.

The Cats in the Clover

edited 11 November, 2007
    =; Thanks Samoa for pointing all these things out!! I had the same questions. |^|
  • Donna LenzDonna Lenz BethelMember Posts: 4,600 ✭✭✭
    edited 11 November, 2007
    Thanks Ted and Team for all of your hard work in resolving this! We have kind of given up this weekend to try and do much. Even giving a normal Rosie is not working right. We normally use IE - but have Firefox also - and both are having troubles with this. We can imagine what's happening at HQ right now, with everyone trying to fix the problems. And want to say Thank you to you all - I'm sure your giving up a lot of Family time to get this fixed for us, and we appreciate it. =D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>
  • Christina OttChristina Ott fairless hillsMember Posts: 8,628
    edited 11 November, 2007
    Hiya!! Back again!! Ted!! Thanks buddy!! We are so glad to hear that!! We will be sending out an email right now!! Phew!! Hi Boss!! Hi RA!! We agree with you both on that!! *giggles* we were actually going to try and wait till the fleas were gone before we gave out anymore gifties because it was taking so long!! It takes almost 2-3 minutes for our little box to load. We kept walking away and coming back!! But yes, we would love to have that as an option rather than for it to load automatically if it will always be slow like that...although if it is just a bug and can load up in a jiff--than that's another story :)
  • edited 11 November, 2007
    Hey Kitties, It does take forever to give a rosette. But we have just been going to the homepage to give the rosettes back. We cannot return them from our pages as it is too darn slow. The homepage of course shows the recent gifts we have recieved..so as far as the ones given to you...it don't take too long to give them back from the hompage. But we too are just going to wait until the bugs are gone before we randomly give rosettes. It is slow inving the new kitties...but we are getting through it okay. Have a purrfect day.
    edited 11 November, 2007
    I also wanted to point out something to you kitties because it happened to us. We gave somecat a turkey rosette and it didn't show up on their page. We tried giving them treats which usually makes the rosette appear. Guess what had happened? The rosette we gave jumped ahead of the last rosette given! No wonder we didn't see it! A cat that gave us a rosette was upset because it didn't show up on our page - it was there - the same thing had happened - it showed up in front of the last rosette. Just wanted you to know in case you check the rosettes after you give them! |^|

The Cats in the Clover

• Alice BillmanAlice Billman Member Posts: 2,617
    edited 11 November, 2007
    It was mentioned to temporarily remove some of the widgets to get your page to load faster. We know loading our pages is better now, but for your information here is a list of the worst widgets for loading we have found... Videos - autoplay makes load time worst Shoutboxes - they load up all of the available smilies before displaying the messages Slideshows - some sites take longer than others Music - autoplay makes load time worst Falling objects are not a problem if you use the kind like the ones at Catster Codes where you see a \".js\" in the code. Most of the ones from myspace layouts use a method called \"marquee\". Do not use marquee for falling objects on our pages as they do not play nice with the other widgets. Scrolling objects (right to left) are alright, but not falling. Animated .gif images are not a problem although the bigger they are, the longer it will take to load. Plus we wouldn\'t use a whole lot of animated images. Again, it depends on the size. As for browsers, we have both IE and Firefox on our computer. IE is our default browser, but we have Firefox handy so Mom can test new code she has written for pages. As you have witnessed there can be some big differences in behavior between browsers. Those differences make things very difficult at times to get a page to behave the same way across all browsers. We are still working a small problem that shows up in doing customized frames with IE. Thankfully it is a small problem. We have also seen where Firefox is the problem and not IE, so we can\'t say that one is better than the other. Both have good features but they don\'t share all of the same features. So the best advice we have for choosing a browser is \"pick your poison\"!
  • Jennifer FestaJennifer Festa Capitola/Santa Cruz/CaliforniaMember Posts: 864
    edited 11 November, 2007
    Thanks for the detailed info Callie Jean! You are a real techno cat! :h: I thought my shoutbox was screwing things up on my page. But I am kinda hesitant to remove it because Catster HQ is working on the problem and will hopefully fix it soon... What to do? :-k
    Callie Jean, you are on the ball. You go girl:) Thanks for pointing out the helpful information. But now we are worried about the rosettes we gave yesterday now!
    Thanks from this fam, too, Callie Jean! Tried removing everything extraneous and didn't make any difference. We are not slow on the uptake but just the jerky, skippy scrolling. Yep - agree - no fancy rosettes given until we see what happens!
  • Diana GabaldonDiana Gabaldon PortlandMember Posts: 5,607
    edited 11 November, 2007
    You certainly are the techno savy kitty Callie Jean. Thanks to you and everyone else with the problems and possible solutions. It is always good to know we are not alone. We have put a temporary hold on giving any gifts this weekend. We have a couple we want to give but they will just have to be late. After being charged and extra 20+ rosettes - yikes!!!! I am sure HQ will have us all back up and playing by early next week. At least, I hope so.
  • Donna LenzDonna Lenz BethelMember Posts: 4,600 ✭✭✭
    edited 11 November, 2007
    We love the fact that you can give a gift now from the whole family! It works great! And I love the way it brings up the whole families pictures. That's a pawsome feature HQ! The hairballs are getting less - and th pages are loading quicker. Mom is using Firefox now - IE is making her nuts.
  • Samantha PittengerSamantha Pittenger NorthernMember Posts: 14,599
    edited 11 November, 2007
    Yes, the hairballs are slowing down it seems! THANK YOU HQ!!!! Samoa, I too noticed that the rosettes we give are not displayed from old to new like they used to (Hey that rhymed!). But I noticed JUST NOW they are! *crosses paws* CJ? You are super techno kitty! Great info!!!! =D>=D>
    edited 11 November, 2007
    Thanks for continuing to work on this HQ. I notice some improvment but other things are now going wacky. For example, on the fourms list, this fourm says the last message was at 8:15am. I can refresh and about 1 out of 4 times it will show the latest messages. Those fleas sure can be tricky.
  • Samantha PittengerSamantha Pittenger NorthernMember Posts: 14,599
    edited 11 November, 2007
    There were mail flees too! I'd delete a message, and then it'd say "message can't be deleted" or something!! And then after I emptied our trash, then there would be the same pawmails showing again, but as "not read" (bold font). Dang dogs and their flees :))!
  • SuKoRoSuKoRo SouthernMember Posts: 1,532 ✭✭
    edited 11 November, 2007
    We haven\'t noticed any improvement here. In fact, my bro\'s page blew up twice this aft {{{snicker}}}. Just like mine was doing when all this started. But we\'re confident HQ will have us all back to normal soon. They always do! =;
  • Deb O'NeillDeb O'Neill PerkasieMember Posts: 8,659
    edited 11 November, 2007
    It's like Time Travel! Hee hee! I'm sure HQ will be fixing it, but the forums sometimes show current postings, and sometimes don't. Same with Friend Updates. It takes going back to the thread two or three times to see the new posts.
    edited 11 November, 2007
    Things are still pretty screwy. I was going through my corralled friends diary entries and clicked on Rocky Ann's latest and got a blank page. When I went back later, I was able to read it. I removed a few odds and ends from my page, but it is still scrolling jerky-style. (and I don't have anything fancy on it.) Guess I have to go chill out and try again later (Monday? Tuesday?) to see if things are back to normal. I kinda doubt anyone is working at HQ on a Sunday, and for some places tomorrow is a Holiday. Oh Meow!
    edited 11 November, 2007
    Still really messed up. My brother Raymond just posted to this forum at 2:48pm and his post is showing up before cats who posted much earlier today... The rosette pop up window is still a drag too. The display is way down at the bottom of my computer screen, and when I scroll down to read it, it vanishes. Now, lets play forum roulette and see where my post shows up. MOL! Bubba
    edited 11 November, 2007
    Hey Cats - be careful with that little World's Coolest logo link if you have it on your page. I had it in the same field with some text (my diary honors), and it completely deleted all my text. You could probably hear me scream in Texas I was so upset!!! Luckily, I could re-create that list, but we went in and deleted all those logos, and just put in a regular link to our voting page. And - when I deleted my logo, it took forever because of all the gobbledy goop code that was created (and then duplicated it looks like) with that code. So - just be careful if you have that logo in a field with other important stuff that you don't want to lose!

The Cats in the Clover

edited 11 November, 2007
    OK - glad I am not the only one with that issue. Another one I am having is that I sent out a group email this morning and it has gone out 3 times so far. I am writing this to test a theory. I see that Samoa made post at 3:15 but it won't show. I think if I post it will then show hers. Lets see..... *well I see my post but Samoas is lost* Yikes!
    edited 11 November, 2007
    :-O Poor HQ, they have their work cut out for them. I took off a bunch of stuff on my page - my shoutbox, music, cursor, banner and a bunch of graphics to see it would help. It didn't seem to make much of a difference. Still slow to scroll on my page and others. It seems like the pages might be a little improved though.
    edited 11 November, 2007
    My diary entry for today keeps disappearing from my page!:-O Several times now I\'ve cleared my cache, history and cookies then closed my browser. When I open my browser and go to my page the new diary entry is there. If I then go to the forums, another kitty\'s page, etc then go back to my page the diary entry is gone again! This gift store has turned into the Little Shop of Horrors :-#:))
    edited 11 November, 2007
    Hi RA! :-h My bro and me were just on your page, leaving you a rosette. It got put in with some ones for Nov. 9 in case you\'re looking for it. :)) And, wow, your page is really slow to scroll through tonight!
  • Toffy_VanessaToffy_Vanessa Member Posts: 4,074 ✭✭
    edited 11 November, 2007
    We use Firefox and haven\'t had very many problems. About half an hour ago, we logged onto Catster using IE just to see what would happen. It took slightly longer for our own pages to load and some things look a bit different. Then we went to the page of a good friend and well, now we know what many of you are having to deal with. The page was very slow to load and extremely jerky. It was impossible to use the scrollbar. Then the page froze on us and we had to exit by closing the browser window. :( We might as well just stick with Firefox. Oh, yeah. And when we first tried to get to Catster earlier today all that appeared was a blank white screen. Had to get to Catster via Dogster. :-/