OMC! Special Gifts are Now Live!

1235»

Comments

• edited 11 November, 2007
    We are still herky-jerky and the posts aren't appearing timely, but as long as it is not our system failing it's okay. Having the reassurance from others with the same problems has helped. Thanks, everycat!
  • AshPoGusAshPoGus AlbuquerqueMember Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭
    edited 12 November, 2007
    Oooooh, where are those seasick pills, Pansy? I need some.
  • edited 12 November, 2007
    Oh dear HQ's.... we too removed some stuff from our pages and we are not doing a great deal better at all:( I got a Star overnight and I can't see it. But I returned one to the kitty that gave it to me. If our pages move...it is v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-.
  • Alice BillmanAlice Billman Member Posts: 2,617
    edited 12 November, 2007
    In my opinion Internet Explorer has now gone bad. I have hit 2 other web sites this morning where the window open failed, just like we saw here at Catster on Thursday and Friday. I have seen a lot of problems with IE over the past 2 months and have now come to the conclusion that it isn't going to get any better. IE has been crashing on me 2 or 3 times a week at a variety of different sites. I keep using it to see if I can figure out the problem, but I haven't found it. So I am recommending that those of you who are using IE consider switching to Firefox. You can have both IE and Firefox on your computer at the same time. When you install Firefox, it will copy your "Favorites" list into its "Bookmarks" so you will not lose those. Here is where you can go to download Firefox ==> http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/ I can't believe I'm recommending a browser, but I have had it with Internet Explorer for now!
  • Julie BennettJulie Bennett TorontoMember Posts: 280
    edited 12 November, 2007
    Wow, it is not just me.... I am at work now and I can access catster with IE but at home I am having such problems None of the pop up windows work, I can't check new feline requests and the browser keeps crashing. I am thinking that firefox is sounding really good right now. Thanks for the link Callie Jean!
  • Rachel HicksRachel Hicks Littleton/DenverMember Posts: 23,738
    edited 12 November, 2007
    As for me purrsonally I think things got alot better late yesterday afternoon (about 3:30 pm Catster time). Prior to that we were trying to have a pawty in Nascar Cat & watch the race & it drove us so crazy we just left the pawty. My brothers picture kept changing; often showing 2 pics on the same thread page :)):)):)) Some other kitties were getting married in Rainbow Bridge Kitties & they were having the same problem only with the bride this time:-O The posts in both forums were all over the place in fact with the wedding thread the whole thing kept disappearing & reappearing. Today so far it seems ok I think.
  • edited 12 November, 2007
    We don't think it is IE...but that may be wishful thinking because the cat mother doesn't want to fuss. We are not blanking out or having problems with other sites, so? aak. *hold breath*
  • ZACKandZOEYZACKandZOEY Cave Creek, AZMember Posts: 12,043 ✭✭
    edited 12 November, 2007
    ;c; Catster is all better ;c; =D> Thank you HQ =D> %:D% SO good to be able to scroll again %:D%
  • Diana GabaldonDiana Gabaldon PortlandMember Posts: 5,607
    edited 12 November, 2007
    I wanted to post that I heard back from Catster about me thinking I had been charged 4 zealies for each family member when I sent a family rosette. I had NOT been charged that. My mom's memory is just really bad about how many rosettes we have given out. I dont' want any kitty to think they Catster overcharged us. We love you HQ!
    edited 12 November, 2007
    That was really nice of you to let us know Diego. Mommies always seem to have those moments :)) They have TOO much to think about!! |:|
  • CalvinCalvin ScottsdaleMember Posts: 8,818 ✭✭✭
    edited 12 November, 2007
    Thanks HQ for fixing the problem with the rosette box! It now stays open when you scroll! ;c;;c;;c; Things seem to be working much better for us today too - we are IE users and so far, so good! We sure appreciate all the work over the weekend to get things running smoothing again! %:D%=D>=D>=D>

The Cats in the Clover
    Samoa, Calvin, Violet, Gleek, Spunky, Sugar, Vivien, Newman, & Inky

edited 15 November, 2007
    =; Thank you HQ for changing it so that our pages only show the past month's Stars given. It will make some of our pages not so long looking. I was hoping this would be done . Great changes taking place on Catster. =D>:h:=D> as usual =D>:h:=D>
  • Samantha PittengerSamantha Pittenger NorthernMember Posts: 14,599
    edited 15 November, 2007
    Hey RA :-h Yes, I agree, showing ONLY the rosettes and gifties from the "past month" really shortens a lot of catster's pages =; Tres cool! =D>=D>=D>=D>
    edited 15 November, 2007
    Oh No! We are not going to see all of our stars anymore, only the ones from the last month? Some of us kitties are not so pawpular and don\'t get that many stars. I love having them all on my page. Maybe there could be a limit as to how many are displayed (so the kitties who get lots aren\'t swamped with them), otherwise the stars are now really like rosettes..?
  • Sharon EvansSharon Evans Member Posts: 2,968
    edited 15 November, 2007
    We noticed that when you mouse-over all the stars given to us that it just says "anonymous". And when we mouse-over all the rosettes we have given out, it shows our name rather than the name of the cat we gave it to as was the case before. This is just a small glitch but one we'd like to see as it was before for quick reference when we are on our Catster pages. Anyone else notice this? :?
  • Diana GabaldonDiana Gabaldon PortlandMember Posts: 5,607
    edited 15 November, 2007
    Milo, I think what Rocky Ann was saying is that now the pages only shows the stars you have given to other kitties in the past month, not the ones you recieve. Louis, I did notice that too. Probably just more fleas to work out.
    edited 15 November, 2007
    :-h Hi Hondo, Milo, Louis LeBeau and Diego!! Sorry for the confusion Milo. Yes, I said the ones "given" out. Thanks for explaining that better, Diego. So the Stars that kitties received will remain furever!! No worries, Milo!! Louis LeBeau now that you mention that flea, I notice it too. I also notice that on some pages rosettes received are still in an odd arrangement. But I'm sure this is a work in progress. I love all the changes being made!!
    edited 15 November, 2007
    Another flee!!! Did anyone notice when you click on rosettes and your gifts, that you can't see WHO sent them, especially if you have a video on our page (by using the Egg softwear)? I noticed this the other day... I'm using Firefox... :-k:-k
  • Sharon EvansSharon Evans Member Posts: 2,968
    edited 16 November, 2007
    Hi Rocky Ann & all you other wonderful cats, Yes a work in progress for sure. I do think it is good to mention things when we notice them. If HQ already knows then our comment can be ignored. At least we get the word out. We notice rosettes not lined up right in ones we gave mostly. But all is much better than it was to start with. :)
  • AshPoGusAshPoGus AlbuquerqueMember Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭
    edited 16 November, 2007
    Bummer that the stars are back to costing 5 zealies instead of 4 like they were at first in the store. Shouldn\'t have pointed that one out! :))! Hey, HQ! Do you give Senior Discounts? :))
    edited 16 November, 2007
    Whew! Thanks for clearing that up Rocky Ann and Diego. I was getting a little nervous there! I like my stars. To bad that they are back to 5 zealies, I was looking forward to taking advange of the discount. I guess you snooze you loose!
  • Deb SmithDeb Smith RowleyMember Posts: 13,828 ✭✭
    edited 16 November, 2007
    Thanks HQ!! This is great!! Purrs, Zoey
    edited 16 November, 2007
    =; Scooter - I love the idea of ;c; Senior Discounts ;c; :-k I even have a picture id with my birthdate :))
    edited 16 November, 2007
    MOL senior discounts! :))!:))!
1235»