Wellness Kitten

Michelle BlochMichelle Bloch Member Posts: 447
edited 13 November, 2007 in Food & Nutrition
Hi, I'm 6 and a half months old. Mommy found Wellness wet cat food being sold (but not the kitten formula). Are we too young to be eating the adult wet cat food? (She's also curious about California Natural which seems to be only for cats and not kittens?) I know some people say we're kittens until we're 1 year old, but sometimes I read that it's 6 months. I currently eat Innova Evo wet and dry, and Solid Gold wet and dry, and also Orijins.....And Mommy will be ordering the Wysong's Nurture dry. What do you think?

Comments

• Jenna LuskJenna Lusk Pacific NWMember Posts: 2,034
    edited 12 November, 2007
    Many pet food companies formulate their foods for both cats and kittens. Those who offer both, I have found, use basically the same formula and just package it differently for kittens - or with dry food, they make the bites smaller. Wellness is good about answering questions if you hop onto their website and ask them.
  • Stephanie ChangtuStephanie Changtu Miami Fl,Member Posts: 883
    edited 12 November, 2007
    Yes, cat are adults at the age of 1 but they can already start eating adult food at 6 monthes. Your page says five monthes if you're five monthes I'd say you may start eating adult food,It's just a month before.Like the previous cat said kitten drt food is made smaller & wet food is classic (paste) so kittens won't choke on peases of food. So yes I'd say you CAN start eating adult food.
  • Pamela MathyPamela Mathy Member Posts: 25
    edited 12 November, 2007
    Hi, I have been eating Wellness Kitten, but now that I am 7 months old, mom is planning to change me to Wellness Indoor formula. Mom compared the ingredients and they are essentially the same. I really like this food and mom does too because it has no \"bad stuff\" in it like corn gluten and according to the company website they strive to prepare cat food that helps prevent problems like crystals, etc. Mom says \"purr-ventative medicine\" is a good thing. Spend a bit more on food now--prevent stressful and costly health problems in my future. Enjoy. |^|
  • Michelle BlochMichelle Bloch Member Posts: 447
    edited 12 November, 2007
    Thank you so much for your advice! I think I'll tell Mommy to go for it and buy the Wellness wet cat food! Mommy did write to Wellness and hopefully she'll get a response before Mommy's internet-buying trigger finger gets the better of her. :)) Thank you!
  • Jenna LuskJenna Lusk Pacific NWMember Posts: 2,034
    edited 13 November, 2007
    Your mommy has one of those fingers, too? I'll have to tell my daddy that mommy isn't the only one!
  • Michelle BlochMichelle Bloch Member Posts: 447
    edited 13 November, 2007
    Hi, Binks! Mommy's finger got the best of her. And Mommy says to give your Mommy a salute MOL. Moments ago, without having heard from Wellness, she went ahead and pushed the order button. We'll be getting one of each flavor of adult Wellness canned, plus the Super 5 Cat mix. She got so trigger-happy, she also ordered up Wysong's Nurture. And now she's wondering if she should have also ordered Evolve. ;) Mommy needs to do more research on Catster about Evolve now :)) in case she needs to email the place to re-do her order. P.S. Chester - thanks for the tip to compare ingredients - I don't know why I didn't think to do that. Yes, I did find that the cat and kitten formulas are almost identical!
  • Kelly GormleyKelly Gormley Orlando, FLMember Posts: 30
    edited 13 November, 2007
    As long as your kitty is growing normally and everything is ok, then adult formula should be perfect of him. When Lilly's cousin was a kitten (around 7 months of age) he was put on Lilly's diet. That is canned food from Wellness (adult) and dry Serengeti cat food mixed together. Serengeti is made by Timberwolf Organics and it is an all life stage formula, meaning every age can eat it %:D%
  • kate vonkkate vonk BoiseMember Posts: 1,313
    edited 13 November, 2007
    also you can check the back of the bag or the can and check to see if it approved for all life stages..