Orlando Winter Park

Darlene WagnerDarlene Wagner MilwaukeeMember Posts: 1,075
Hi Catsters my son just took in a feral cat, and I am wondering if there any low cost vets in the winter park area. I want to make sure she(?) gets her shots. I live in WI, so I can't do much other than help pay for the vet apt., but I can't afford a lot. Any ideas? Would a feral group come and do it, as well as the other cats by him? I know they came out a few years ago and give shots, and the "operation" to the cats there, but now that he took her in I wasn't sure. He said she still has some wild in her, but after feeding her she made the choice to stay unlike the other cats who leave after they are done eating, one thing led to another and now he has a cutie pie living with him.

Comments

• Ashley NollenAshley Nollen RichmondMember Posts: 333
    edited 16 November, 2007
    She is not considered a feral cat if he can handle her- she is considered a "stray" cat. She was probably someone's pet in the past that got booted out the front door. Unfortunately it happens all too often. Here's a list of feral AND low cost spay/neuter clinics by state. http://www.alleycat.org/orgs.html This article may be of interest to you too... its about turning a feral cat into a house kitty. http://www.alleycat.org/pdf/Congratulations.pdf
  • Shira WildShira Wild New Smyrna Beach, FLMember Posts: 312
    edited 16 November, 2007
    If he's in Volusia County have him call 386-626-6643 for low cost shots, spay & neuter.
  • joy wampolejoy wampole Member Posts: 626
    edited 17 November, 2007
    Hi Cleo, Orange county animal sevices offers low cost or free spay neuter in your son's area, 407 352 4390 If you are trying to find a home for the kitty feel free to pmail me and I will do what I can to try and help find a no kill shelter for you Sophie
  • Darlene WagnerDarlene Wagner MilwaukeeMember Posts: 1,075
    edited 17 November, 2007
    He wants to keep it. She/he (they haven't figured that out yet) picked him-followed him home and hasn't left she hangs out with the feral cat population by his place. Mommy wants to help with bills, but can afford only so much because of us.
    edited 17 November, 2007
    Thanks for all your help-we are forwarding to info to our two-legged brother I guess we are AUNTS!!!!;c;:h::c9
    edited 17 November, 2007
    I wonder if he will bring the new kid for a visit? Jeez!!! Aren't we enough? Aren't I cute enough for ALL of the family???? What is this????
    edited 17 November, 2007
    Come look at my pictures!!! Love, Linx