The Pet Poetry Group

Tammy Grey EagleTammy Grey Eagle Member Posts: 5,828
edited 18 November, 2007 in Plus Informational
This week at the Pet Poetry Group the weekly Acrostic Poetry contest is Give Me a Turkey Leg! http://www.catster.com/forums/group/thread/382599/last Adorable entries so far! We'd like to invite you join in the fun by stopping by the Group and entering your poem! An Acrostic Poem is a poem using the letter in each given phrase to write a sentence with.. example: Gimmi, gimmi I do plead, I'm beggin' here till I succeed. Very soon I'll get my treat, Even if I steal the meat! Mommy won't you hear my plea, Eggnog? Not! Don't you see? All I want is that turkey bone, To ease my belly of it's growly groan Urgent, urgent! I'm starving here! Repeating myself till it's clear. Keep the brussel sprout on your plates. Eek! Not granny's fruitcake laced with dates! You're not getting away with this, Let me give you a great big kiss? Eagerly I await my juicy prize, Greatful for my leg and thigh! © 2007 "Gunner & Mommy" Happy Thanksgiving!!