How many cats do you guys have, or have you?.

edited 22 January, 2008 in Choosing the Right Cat
We have five, Monty,Leopalorn,Bindi,Tom and Nina.... I know someone who has 11 cats! Just wondering how many you guys have?:-k;

Comments

• Shelley CoxShelley Cox CarbondaleMember Posts: 2,752
    edited 1 December, 2007
    This is Delyte. We have 4 but it's too many! One is a nice number...;) It does seem that if you have more than two they only pay attention to each other, not to your people, so it's been a lot of work and not much cuddling here. We see all the time people having more but we don't know how they do it!
  • Dee FreyDee Frey Member Posts: 363
    edited 1 December, 2007
    I've got 2 brothers so there are 3 of us in the house!!
  • Jennifer SzucsJennifer Szucs ChathamMember Posts: 3,765
    edited 16 December, 2007
    I have 2. My parents have 5 barn kitties. They are really good mousers!
  • Maggie BussaMaggie Bussa Member Posts: 191
    edited 16 December, 2007
    Meow.. I'm the oldest in the house and I have 2 younger sisters and 1 younger brother. None of us are related, but we all get along....mostly. Unless Lucius wants to play when the rest of us don't. So there are four of us altogether and it seems just the right number.
  • Leanne FroebelLeanne Froebel Member Posts: 1,730
    edited 16 December, 2007
    There are 3 of us at my home. We get along great and get plenty of attention which we love.
  • Autumn GessertAutumn Gessert Amarillo, TXMember Posts: 333 ✭✭
    edited 16 December, 2007
    We were always four until this past summer, when our Lars crossed the Bridge. Now we are just three: me -- the oldest, Tommy, and Buster -- the "baby". We get along really well, too, and get plenty of attention. I, for one, have come out of my shell quite a bit. I even play some with Tommy, now, and play with Buster often.
  • Donna LenzDonna Lenz BethelMember Posts: 4,600 ✭✭✭
    edited 16 December, 2007
    There are 6 of us here, plus 2 doggys, 6 guinea pigs, 3 rats, 1 hamster, 3 prairie dogs and a ferret.
  • Robin PinkhamRobin Pinkham BangorMember Posts: 1,601
    edited 16 December, 2007
    We are four- Me, Loki, Kiwi and Abby. For our family this seems to be the just right number =;
  • Niki MattsonNiki Mattson St. PaulMember Posts: 20,360
    edited 16 December, 2007
    There's two of us, me and Sandy. although this time last year, there was only me! Sandy is older than I am too But before, Mommy had two kitties, Scooter and Munchkin
  • Dianne MeeksDianne Meeks ThornhillMember Posts: 7,069
    edited 16 December, 2007
    There are 11 kitties in my house and one doggy. I didn\'t like him when I first met him but really, he is very harmless and quiet. He smells funny though :)) My mom spends time with each of us every day..and she loves it when she comes home from work and we are all there to greet her. It\'s a lot of work taking care of us, but she said she wouldn\'t have it any other way! =;
  • Jenna LuskJenna Lusk Pacific NWMember Posts: 2,034
    edited 17 December, 2007
    We are owned by two cats. For a while, it was three, but Abbie went to the bridge at 18, leaving Binks and Matilda to train us and keep us in line.
  • JessicaJessica Long Island, New YorkMember Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭
    edited 17 December, 2007
    Four kitties! Brooke, myself, my son Maus, and Sable. All of us are rescues! ;c;
  • Kristen MaranciakKristen Maranciak PittsburghMember Posts: 560
    edited 17 December, 2007
    We have 6...It's not too bad. Us younger kitties hang out together and the older kitties hang out together...we each have our own little gang:))
  • Crystal GauglerCrystal Gaugler Member Posts: 147
    edited 17 December, 2007
    There are 13 of us in the house and just as many strays/ferals outside that mom feeds. We don't all get along so we basically have our own spaces in the house. Mom tries to keep the confrontations to a minimum by placing the food dishes at different places in the house. We also have 4 litter boxes that get used alot. The only time 11 and sometimes 12 of us are in the same place is when we hear a can being opened. We automatically assume it's either tuna or Fancy Feast. We're pretty vocal at that time! :)) We also have a dog who thinks she's a cat, 2 hamsters, 3 water turtles, hermit crabs and several fish tanks to complete the zoo.
  • Faye DufourFaye Dufour Destrehan, LA/New Orleans areaMember Posts: 4,648
    edited 18 December, 2007
    We are four kitties in our family. My brother Louis and I came first, and then Benny Grunch walked in one day and decided to stay. Then, about two months ago our meowmy got a call that a cat needed to adopt people, so Pete Fountain joined our family. It was pretty tight at first with Pete, as we were still living in our FEMA trailer (meowmy lost everything, including her four cats in Hurricane Katrina), but it was only two weeks after Pete came that we moved into a real house. We all get along well, I like to groom Louis and Benny, and just waiting for Pete to let me groom him too!! We all get lots and lots of attention and love, and meet our meowmy at the back door every evening when she comes home from work. Emma Barrett, Louis Armstrong, Benny Grunch & Pete Fountain
  • Deb SmithDeb Smith RowleyMember Posts: 13,828 ✭✭
    edited 18 December, 2007
    We have five in our family... Muffy, BooBoo, Elmer, Zoey and myself! At first I wasn't to thrilled with having Zoey as a little sister as she is so busy and into everything but she turned out to be a pretty good sister!!:):) Purrs, Opie
  • Susan ChurchSusan Church South BeachMember Posts: 11,602
    edited 19 December, 2007
    I am an only inside cat but I have 4 brothers and sisters who live outside. Well they think they are. My Mom started feed ing them when the neighbor moved away and left them last May. I also share the house with 2 dog sisters an a parrot brother.
  • Kerstin KaufmannKerstin Kaufmann Member Posts: 9,254
    edited 19 December, 2007
    phhhhhhh - and i thought i was the only only cat ;) i love it that do not have to share human\'s attention with anyone else. i think \"the right number\" depends on cirumstances, doesn\'t it? big city, small indoor place, human working at home = one kitty.
  • Lauren PazzanLauren Pazzan BundabergMember Posts: 86
    edited 20 December, 2007
    I have a brother and a sister, so that makes three of us kitties. I\'m the bully of the house, if mummy doesn\'t let me out when I want out, I\'ll bash the other two just out of spite... I am so evil |^|
  • Liz LaButeLiz LaBute Liberty Twp(Cincinnati)Member Posts: 17,745
    edited 20 December, 2007
    there's 4 of us. Actually momma tells me that they had 3 boys...Ginngie, Sparky & Chip. Sparky got sick & went to the bridge last year. Then I came along and when my brother Rudy didn't get his home, he got to come live with us too! So, even though they always thought 3 was the perfect number, now they think that 4 is! ;c;;c;;c; ok, so Chip & Ginngie aren't so thrilled, but they were used to having a quiet house...not anymore now that we're here! :)) |$|
  • Darlene WagnerDarlene Wagner MilwaukeeMember Posts: 1,075
    edited 22 December, 2007
    We have 2 here and then a our two-legged brother has one
  • Sarah MinerSarah Miner MaplewoodMember Posts: 3,790
    edited 22 December, 2007
    There are two of us Me and Gordy I will have three boys when my mom and her fiance get married and Milo becomes apart of my family. %:D%
  • terri echolsterri echols kalamazooMember Posts: 4,758
    edited 23 December, 2007
    there are three of us here...me and my littermate sisfur shyloh, and the bigkitty churrah who was here first...he had ten years of being an only cat, so he was sort of scared and unsettled and miserable when we first got here. but now we chase each other, and when we get too noisy and pester him he just turns slowly and walks away...putting his glorious tail at risk, but we\'re starting to learn not to pounce on it...:))
  • Jo MillerJo Miller Member Posts: 1,915
    edited 24 December, 2007
    Well, there's Kritter and I in the house, with 2 dogs. Then there's about 12 cats out in the barn with 7 horses. Meowmy says she and Dad spend more on food for all of us than they do for themselves!! :))
  • edited 26 December, 2007
    We have three cats here. Natasha, Todd, and Elizabeth. We had four at one time, but that way too many. I wasn't able to give all of them the proper attention they needed, so I re-homed the fourth kitten for it's own sake. Technically, Todd and Elizabeth are not my cats. Natasha and I happen to live under the same roof as them. (unfortunately) None of our cats get along at all. Natasha and I are very much looking forward to the day when her, Joey, and I can pack up and find our own nice place to stay.|^|
  • Laura GodinezLaura Godinez Member Posts: 51
    edited 26 December, 2007
    There are two kitties - me and Bella, one dog, and three rabbits that live in our house.
  • Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    edited 28 December, 2007
    We have 3, Delilah is the Diva and the Big Sissyfur, a Maine Coon Mix adopted from a local shelter through PetsMart. Ernie was adopted from the rescue I worked with. He\'s a \"plain old\" domestic short-hair, kinda tuxedo and kinda not and all purrsonality. And Izzie, the baby of the bunch was born and rescued last summer from under my neighbor\'s deck. He\'s a beautiful Maine Coon mix. He was on his way to being feral (wild) but meomie (me) got to him in time and now he\'s the sweetest love ever. =;
  • Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    edited 28 December, 2007
    Forgot to tell you that we also have three dogs. Delyte says four cats is too many, but three dogs and three cats is a ZOO!! :)) BTW--they all get along and sometimes I WISH they would just pay attention to each other and give me some space!
  • Robin AtkinsRobin Atkins Member Posts: 298
    edited 28 December, 2007
    There are 3 of us. It was just me at first.... then Mom found Rusty....2 years after me.... then Shadow came around. Ever hear that 3s a crowd?! :))
  • Christa SielskiChrista Sielski ChattanoogaMember Posts: 1,650
    edited 28 December, 2007
    We have 4 cats. My three beautiful boys, Luca, Simba, and Leo. And then our gorgeous girl, Saki. They are all rescues and such little angels.