Dear Catster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Catster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Catster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Catster magazine, www.catster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found elsewhere within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Catster

Giving plus anonymousely?

Dana DunnDana Dunn Member Posts: 2,587
edited 19 December, 2007 in Plus Informational
We are wondering if there is a way to give a gift subscription of Plus to a kitty anonymously? We looked but didn't see anything that talked about it, and we tried calling Catster's 866 number but they're closed for the weekend. :( Does anycat know if it's possible to give this anonymousely?

Comments

• Samantha PittengerSamantha Pittenger NorthernMember Posts: 14,599
    edited 5 December, 2007
    Hey Oly :-h anonymousely? Not that I know of... I've heard cats getting a gift subscription, but not anonymousely... :?
  • Deb O'NeillDeb O'Neill PerkasieMember Posts: 8,659
    edited 5 December, 2007
    I would contact Catster HQ and ask. They can probably do that for you. That's such a great gift idea!
  • edited 5 December, 2007
    No, I am not sure how! Good luck with finding out! Puurrs, Reese
  • SterlingAndTheSTeamSterlingAndTheSTeam Mount OliveMember Posts: 41,262 ✭✭✭
    edited 5 December, 2007
    An anonymous Plus gift! How thoughtful, Oly! =D> Yes, you can give Plus anonymously. If you haven't been able to contact anyone at the 1-866-404-3647 number, you can call Catster HQ at 415-934-0400.
  • Melissa FordMelissa Ford Santa CruzMember Posts: 3,914
    edited 12 December, 2007
    I know it's possible because I got one last year from an anonymous kitty (I later found out who he was and thanked him profusely). You can always email HQ if you can't get them on the phone: http://www.catster.com/support/
  • Amy BAmy B KershawMember Posts: 3,254
    edited 15 December, 2007
    Oly, did you ever find a definate answer? Mama's seen a family she'd like to do this for too...
  • melissa muttermelissa mutter West ChesterMember Posts: 10,189
    edited 15 December, 2007
    You just order it up, and put the number of the cat you want to give it to. They will never know who gave it to them! I advise you do it now if you are doing it for Christmas as it takes them a bit to credit it to their account.
  • AshPoGusAshPoGus AlbuquerqueMember Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭
    edited 17 December, 2007
    You used to be able to give Plus anonymously. It WAS anonymous unless you told the cat. But a while back (sometime in the past year) they changed it. If you go through the regular procedure now, I think it automatically tells the other cat who gave it to them. So you would need to arrange something else through HQ if you want it to be anonymous. I think they should give us a choice whether we want a Plus gift to be anonymous or not -- the way rosettes can be anonymous.
  • Deb CainDeb Cain Member Posts: 14,035
    edited 17 December, 2007
    If you call the number in Athena's comment, they will do it for you, especially if the fur is already a PLUS member and you are renewing his/her subscription.. I have done it this past week.
  • Niki MattsonNiki Mattson St. PaulMember Posts: 20,360
    edited 18 December, 2007
    Last year, just around this time, I gave an annonymous Plus gift, but it was the long, harder way, snail mail. Mommy didn't wanna use the credit card online (unfortunately, that has changed, BIG TIME!) so she mailed in a check for my renewal and the cat and his family's too. . . there was some confusion then, they gave the nice surprise to the cat and family, but forgot to renew mine! :-O
  • Dana DunnDana Dunn Member Posts: 2,587
    edited 19 December, 2007
    ;c; Thank you everycat for your answers! It was going to be for a secret santa paws thing but we decided to go ahead and give it regular like we just didn't want to give ourselves away too soon. They loved it too! ;c; I'm glad to know that I can contact Catster and give it anonymousely in the future though! That is pawsome! Thanks again! |$|