Cat\'s Personalities And YOURS

Madison MeyerMadison Meyer AbbotsfordMember Posts: 36
edited 3 February, 2008 in Choosing the Right Cat
I have a siamese cat and main coon. They are total oppisates! Why did I choose them if they are compleatly different? Becuase Siamese cats are very crazy and goofy (like me) but Main Coons are timid and playful (like me). I have a personality chart determening what is a good breed for you! Keep in mind that all cats need a home! And this is only for fun! Siamese - crazy and goofy - great for outside people Main Coon - timid and playful - great for lazy people Tabby Cat - energetic and loyal - great for caring people Exotic - show-off and silly - great for people who don't mind high maintence pets Short-haired Tabby - insecure and very fun - great for first time buyer's!

Comments

• Shelley CoxShelley Cox CarbondaleMember Posts: 2,752
    edited 22 December, 2007
    It's Stella. I don't think it's possible to classify cats by their color. There are three of us, gray tabbies with white, with the same parents and we are totally different. I am smart and affectionate. Queenie is smart and affectionate too, but far more independent and standoffish than me. And Fluff is very wild and distant, and perhaps not as smart as the rest of us. Delyte, who is black, is loyal and a one-person cat, rather neurotic and shy. It's weird how we all have different personalities even though the three of us look very much alike--sometimes it's hard to tell who is doing what. Purrs to you!
  • terri echolsterri echols kalamazooMember Posts: 4,758
    edited 23 December, 2007
    um...kaya skye here. i live with my littermate sisfur and a big black maine coon. me and shyloh are both orange tabby females (which is sort of rare, both of us from the same litter and all) and young as we are, we are already very different kitties. shyloh is perfect for her mommy except for the little claw issue-because my aunt is blind and shyloh is much calmer and cuddlier than i am, so they enjoy each other very much. i cuddle with my mommy too, but i\'m wilder and more dangerous:))i\'m a much more interactive kitty, and i like the laser light toy and other interactive play that my aunt can\'t manage as well. churrah, the big black maine coon, is a little timid. more than that though, he is downright moody, and has a serious need for attention. if anyone is insecure in this house it\'s churrah, not us tabbies!! cats are as individual as human people are, even when they\'re closely related like shyloh and me. and each one of us is purrrfect for someone...even if it takes some time to learn each other. humans have to learn cat culture, and cats have to learn human culture. that\'s the biggest adjustment i think...after that, it\'s...:c9:c9:c9
  • Michelle MelvilleMichelle Melville Member Posts: 96
    edited 30 December, 2007
    Whilst i have never owned a ginger cat personally i have found that they can be moody like red-heads. (stereo typing here folks) They can be really cuddly, then decide whilst mid-purr that you're an enemy. Also prone to sneak attacks from under a table cloth etc. Cousins and neighbours have had gingers. as far as breeds go.... i agree with Kaya skye about maincoons. Shiloh is such a sook. Chris tried to take him next door and he piddled all over him. Persians are generally very placid. Burmese normally are but i have seen some fiery tortoiseshell burmese who are great with people but not other cats in a home setting. Bengals can be relied on as being in to everything, especially kittens. I would say mostly highly intelligent but i have seen some that aren't as smart.
  • Liz AtkinsonLiz Atkinson AucklandMember Posts: 21
    edited 8 January, 2008
    oh hai. i'm kind of loud and lazy and i like to be the centre of attention. im a brat but i also like to have long naps in the sun and have ppl tell me how great i am. this is alot like my mum! kthxbai Squeaky
  • edited 24 January, 2008
    bump *ouch, my head!*
  • Tiffany CarsonTiffany Carson St. MarysMember Posts: 15,800
    edited 25 January, 2008
    Tinker Bell was crazy and goofy! I'm pretty sure that she was half Siamese. EDIT: MOL, Cole!:))!
  • Tanya MundyTanya Mundy boulderMember Posts: 763
    edited 25 January, 2008
    my maine coone was hardly timid or playful. she was a lappy lap lap kitty all teh way. with anyone. with everyone. and if a dog came into our yard, woe be the dog. ;-)
  • Annalisa Conserti-JonesAnnalisa Conserti-Jones Member Posts: 5,234
    edited 25 January, 2008
    First of all short haired tabbies can also be classic tabbies - just look at my coat! :)) Second of all, I agree with whoever said that cat's coats or breeds don't necessarily make the personality. I can be a typical orange tabby (goofy, warm and fun), but I also get these shy moods where I really don't want attention at all, whereas other times my mom swears I must have meezer blood in me (even though I don't look like a siamese at all aside for having somewhat slanted and angular features to my face) because I just talk and talk, and mom can usually have a "conversation" with me at those times. That is to say, I think whoever once told mommy that getting a cat might as well be the same as getting a human roommate was right on the mark: most cats have personalities that are unique to them, much like people do.
  • Shelley CoxShelley Cox CarbondaleMember Posts: 2,752
    edited 26 January, 2008
    It's Fluff. Since my person wrote that note in Dec. Queenie and I have switched personalities. Now I am super affectionate and love all over my person, at least when we are on the bed. Queenie has become more independent and distant, although she can be affectionate occasionally. We're not sure if getting fixed has any affect on this--I am fixed and Queenie is not yet, until next week. I guess we will see how that affects her personality. Purrs to you all from my favorite perch, between the stove and the cabinet!
  • Niki MattsonNiki Mattson St. PaulMember Posts: 20,360
    edited 26 January, 2008
    Hey! I'm Siamese and I'm not crazy and goofy! Although I am not a purebred meezer, I am mixed with something, I'm not sure, but my Mistress says my coat is too long to be a full meezer. Maybe part Himalayan? I am more docile and sleepy, and only get really active and "crazy" when Squeakers, my new sibling is involved and we fight. She is an American Shorthair, or Medium Hair, we're not sure. She is more curious than anything, like most cats are, but she is sleepy and a lap cat or I like that term "lappy lap lap cat!" too, but she likes to be picked up and petted, I don't mind being petted, but on MY terms! I hate being picked up! Although coloration shouldn't and doesn't really purrtain to the way we act, Squeakers is a calico and likes to "nibble" on Mistress, some people say calicoes are mean, but she isn't, she just has nothing to do with her teeth! Some say calicoes like plastic more than tohers too, Squeakers is crazy about plastic bags! Squeakers also likes mischief, and knows how to get into trouble, I am not too good at that!
  • Shannon FordShannon Ford RichmondMember Posts: 527
    edited 26 January, 2008
    Maine Coon timid?!?!? That's the first I heard of that. I know them to be almost pushy when they wan tyou to pet them and then are great with kids. I have to say my purfict is a Ragdoll. :^:
  • Kate LindsayKate Lindsay Member Posts: 91
    edited 3 February, 2008
    It's tough to know exactly how environment will drive behavior. I never knew Marley was a jumper or climber until we finally got enough high things in the house for her to climb on.