Computer Savy Kitties??

Amy BAmy B KershawMember Posts: 3,254
edited 27 December, 2007 in Plus Friendly
Maybe this is the right forum so I won't lose my thread... lol. This is "mama" talking... any savy kitties out there good with computers? My old one had a DVD burner installed (Nero) and it's making these LOUD knocking noises inside the tower. I'm trying to get it working properly again for my nephew to use when he's here, but I don't know what to do. I redid the formatting but when I install the burner software, it starts with the knocking again... is it maybe installed wrong physically? Could that do it and make it want to hang up and cut off and such? Sorry for the ramble, but I'm sad the reformat didn't solve the problem like I'd hoped it would...

Comments

• Autumn GessertAutumn Gessert Amarillo, TXMember Posts: 333 ✭✭
    edited 27 December, 2007
    Hi - It's hard for me to tell for sure, of course, without being there ... But offhand, I'd say it does sound like a hardware problem. If the DVD/CD drive is not quite in there right, it could definitely cause that knocking sound whenever the software tries to access that drive... Tell you what, pmail me and we'll talk. Maybe with a little more info, I can help you. Momma worked in corporate Info Systems for many, many years -- she'd love to help you, if she can.