Cat Bed Question

Donna LenzDonna Lenz BethelMember Posts: 4,600 ✭✭✭
Mom was thinking of trying a new Cat Bed style, and wanted your thoughts. She has lots of the round beds in the Etsy Store in both sizes. She was thinking of making a rectangle Cat Bed, with a removeable cover like the Doggy Beds - only smaller for us kittys. What do you think? :?:?:?:?

Comments

• Hazel_LucyHazel_Lucy PurrsvilleMember Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭
    edited 16 September, 2009
    Love it! Morgan's Beds are THE best! Even triangles would be welcome, to fit into corners of rooms! You rock, Morgan!
  • Diana GabaldonDiana Gabaldon PortlandMember Posts: 5,607
    Rectangle would be nice. It would allow a full stretching sleep which I like to do. Grandma sent us a cat bed that her kitty didn't want to use. It is round with sort of 1/2 dome top. LuLu loves it. She is a scaredy cat and feels really safe being covered on all sides except the front. It is very roomy too. Maybe you could figure out something that that. We love your beds whatever you do.
  • Donna LenzDonna Lenz BethelMember Posts: 4,600 ✭✭✭
    Meows Diego, We also have a bed like that and Apache like it as a kitten, now no one uses it. :-/ We also have tents and we don't use those? Isn't it funny how we all like different things? Amber slept on Jesse's new bed today - so I guess it's ok for a little dog - MOL!!!!!!
  • Darlene WagnerDarlene Wagner MilwaukeeMember Posts: 1,075
    I love my morgan's bed
  • Karin PruessnerKarin Pruessner DurbanMember Posts: 2,110
    Cat bed?? I prefer the big futon!! :))
    MOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :))!:))!:))!:))!:))!:))!:))!
  • RufusRufus BostonMember Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭
    Rufus slept on top on the round cat condo, or inside the oval wicker cat condo, but his favorite place was on Momma's bed. Momma bought small flat rectangle sheepskin beds that she put on the foot of the bed for us. We liked that until one day we just stopped liking it. MOL. My favorite spot is the back of the recliner, but I also like the top of the cat tree. Momma just bought me a new bed, but she hasn't given it to me yet. I think she bought it for its looks and not because she thinks I'd use it. It's kind of square and has pink camouflage and says "Major Diva" in sparkles. I don't know why she thinks that's appropriate for me.

Rufus - In Loving Memory 12/17/07
    Official Spokescat for:
    Bobcat - Fluffy Angel 4/19/11 >^..^< Briana - Little Angel Girl 1/7/17 >^..^< Jack Matthew Cash >^..^< Hamlet

Momma bought a self-warming cat pad for me for Christmas, but I hate it. It's all crinkly. I like quiet when I sleep. I have oval shaped cat beds. One is really big, like for a medium sized dog, but I like it anyway because I can curl up or stretch out. Rufus liked cardboard boxes for hiding and napping. Winkie LOVED paper shopping bags -- cheapest pet bed EVER! MOL.

Official Spokescat for:
    Bobcat - Fluffy Angel 4/19/11 >^..^< Briana - Little Angel Girl 1/7/17 >^..^< Jack Matthew Cash >^..^< Hamlet

Mom gave one Morgan's bed to a friend for her cat. That cat now spends most of the day and night in it! As for me, I spend 90% of my time in it, and of course it is covered with several early Tranquility Blankets! Morgan, your beds are the most comfy I've ever napped in, not to mention really great looking! Hazel Lucy highly recommends Morgan's Beds!
  • Toffy_VanessaToffy_Vanessa Member Posts: 4,074 ✭✭
    I think oval would be a nice shape for a cat bed. That's the shape of the laundry basket where I like to sleep. :^:
    Oval would be a tough shape to make. But I guess I can experiment. All my laundry baskets are square - and everyone likes to sleep on dirty laundry before I take it downstairs. I made a few test rectangles for the crew with Berber Fleece. They seem to like them.
    HL - LOL!!!!!!!! We keep the test beds too - and you know everyone loves their Blankets! They are gorgeous!
  • Sarah MinerSarah Miner MaplewoodMember Posts: 3,790
    I think that would be sooo cool Morgan!
  • Shelley CoxShelley Cox CarbondaleMember Posts: 2,752
    This is Delyte. I have an oval sheepskin-like bed that my person got cheap from a discount store that I love. It's big enough to stretch out in which is very important for a big guy like me. [She thought that more than one kittie would sleep in the bed--silly her!] We also have a round heated bed which I like but it doesn't allow any stretching. We had a flat rectangular heated bed that we all liked, and even occasionally slep on together, me and Peri, but its power unit died.
    Ok - Mom just made one - let us know what you think? http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=8929846 It's a little more expensive because it takes a lot of fabric. Purrs and thanks for your feedback!
    I think somecats and many doggies will love it!
  • kate vonkkate vonk BoiseMember Posts: 1,313
    we prefer queen sized pillow top mattresses on solid wood frames. it's currently covered with a flannel blanket. we even share it with our pawrents, sometimes. :^:
  • MrD_Sam_RazaMrD_Sam_Raza New ZealandMember Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭
    :-h Hi I'm a fussy one, and my hooman always covers my beds. Funny enough I seem to prefer the towelling covers. The hooman thinks I'm strange. It needs to go in the wash every few days or I won't sleep on it (the towels I mean). I'll also change my mind every so many weeks to which bed I will sleep on. This week it's the hoomans bed MOL. It's funny if the beds aren't covered with a towel I don't sleep on ithem, There is a photo on my page with me in a bed with out a towel, but I won't sleep in that anymore. Except for the hoomans bed, it doesn't matter whats on that.Hee hee.:)) Hooman here. It's handy they like the towels over them, It makes my life so much easier as it makes cleaning them very easy. I just bundle all the towels up throw them in the wash and put new ones down. The cats have their own towels. You can always tell when a towel needs to be washed here, the cats will lie on the floor next to the bed but not on it. It's quite funny to see
    That's what fun - every one has their own preferences and personalities.
  • Annalisa Conserti-JonesAnnalisa Conserti-Jones Member Posts: 5,234
    I have an oval cat bed, but don't use it as much as mom's bed. Mom's bed is so big and the pillows are so fluffy, I like to rest my head on them. I start out curled up in a big ball, and then stretch out as the night progresses. Dad says that it's nice of me to share my bed with mommy, but she does complain that she barely gets enough space to rest her head on the pillow. I say she'll just have to buy a bigger bed (I hear there's something called a king bed size, I'd think that would be more appropriate for a cat to sleep on), or she might have to kick dad off the bed so we both have room to stretch out. :D
  • MrD_Sam_RazaMrD_Sam_Raza New ZealandMember Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭
    MOL trust me Boris it doesn\'t always work. My hoomans went out and brought a Super King size bed because we take up sooo much room. We still manage to push them off the bed in the middle of the night :)) Bigger the bed more room for us I say%:D% now I can streach sideways.
  • Manxsters 4Manxsters 4 Manx MansionMember Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭
    We like the idea of removeable cover. =;
    Meows Jillian, Mom made one - it's a denim Rectangle bed - super fluffy. See whatcha think!
  • Niki MattsonNiki Mattson St. PaulMember Posts: 20,360
    Psst! Squeakers' birthday is next Thursday, and Mistress ordered a Morgans bed a couple days ago. . .. I think it's for Squeakers, even though she's not a cat-bed kinda cat. . .neither am I, I don't think. But reading and seeing all these good reviews, I just know she's gonna love it! Uh, Mistress may have to get another one next month, cuz we may be fighting over it, we fight over everything! :))
    My favorite bed lately is warm, human-shaped, and covered with a blanket. Momma's not too happy about waking up with a sore back because she's unable to roll over at night with me sleeping on top of her! MOL! She doesn't understand how she can fall asleep on her side and wake up flat on her back with me on top! Who knew a 7 pound cat could tip over a sleeping human? MOL!

Official Spokescat for:

Love your Hazel Lucy blanket! Perfect colors to show off your gorgeous coat!
  • Niki MattsonNiki Mattson St. PaulMember Posts: 20,360
    Human-shaped! :)) Yeah, uh, I like to lie in between Mistress' legs :r She tolerates it, but is not fond of it, and actually will not tolerate it for too long, hour, two hours, whatever P.S. I love my Morgans bed! =D> Squeakers and I share it