I used the same cat on Ben\'s pic!

Madison MeyerMadison Meyer AbbotsfordMember Posts: 36
edited 23 January, 2008 in Choosing the Right Cat
OK so you don't really like long-haired cats and don't like the ones that looks like dogs. Also you want one thats good for you. I don't really know if Main Coon is righht for you becuase I don't know your purrsonality. But I think that you might have ups- and downs for a main coon. Ups: Not too active Playful Great looks Downs (for you): Long haired Fat Looks a bit like a dog High Maintence I LOVE Main Coons becuase they are timid and shy - I have one.

Comments

• Robin PinkhamRobin Pinkham BangorMember Posts: 1,601
    edited 13 January, 2008
    UMM, not sure who was asking about a Maine coon, but a typical Maine Coon is not timid and shy. A well bred Maine Coon Cat is an amazingly calm, confident cat. Now with every kind of cat breed there will be some who are not typcial and thus there will be some MCs who are shy or timid, but that is really not the norm... We are playful, active and fun to be around, big cats , but no more likley to be overweight than any other . Most humans who are owned by a true Maine Coon ( either mix or full bred) will want another, and Maine Coon have converted a lot of men who don\'t care for cats into true cat lovers!! As a Maine Coon cat I just had say this about my breed. Now got to run and play a game of fetch!!!!!!!!:))
  • edited 13 January, 2008
    I agree with Locki, Maine Coon's aren't timid and shy :)) Buddy is the most opened and hyper Maine Coon I've seen so far lol. I think Maine Coon's are awesome breeds :D and I'd have to disagree, Maine Coon's arent fat, they don't look like dogs either *no clue where you got that from O-o;;* They do have long hair, and do need alot of grooming. But they are not FAT. They are soppose to be large breeds, just cause a breed is large doesn't make it fat. And believe me, Maine Coon's are very active lol....plus, there is no good thing about a cat being lazy 24/7, otherwise it'd be boring. And how can they not be active and be playful at the same time? butttt, buddy DOES act like a dog haha :]
  • Madison MeyerMadison Meyer AbbotsfordMember Posts: 36
    edited 23 January, 2008
    Thats just what one of my cat is like
  • Madison MeyerMadison Meyer AbbotsfordMember Posts: 36
    edited 23 January, 2008
    Thats just what one of my cat is like