Game: Name a famous cat!

Comments

• magdalene tanmagdalene tan Member Posts: 5
    edited 7 April, 2008
    Kit, the cat from Charmed
  • Heather CHeather C Member Posts: 6
    edited 1 May, 2008
    I don't know if someone said it somewhere in all of those replies, but.. Morris the Cat: 9 Lives Cat food mascot. :)
  • Donna LenzDonna Lenz BethelMember Posts: 4,600 ✭✭✭
    edited 1 May, 2008
    Morgan the Pirate Gato! :))!:))!:))!:))!:))!:))! Well he has been in 2 newspaper articles, and on the internet several times? And best of all he is MY BIG BROTHER!
  • Sandi MahanaSandi Mahana Member Posts: 4,011
    edited 1 May, 2008
    Garfield from the comic stripes!:))
  • Kim DBKim DB CAMember Posts: 24
    edited 1 May, 2008
    Ludwig. Kat Von D's Hairless Sphinx
  • Valerie DurhamValerie Durham Member Posts: 8,724
    edited 2 May, 2008
    Catligula. He was one mean feline. :))
    edited 3 May, 2008
    Catterine de Nouveau, the French actress.
    edited 3 May, 2008
    Catticus Finch, of \"To Kill a Mockingbird.\"
    edited 3 May, 2008
    Catleen Battle, the opera diva. (Scary!!!) :-O
    edited 3 May, 2008
    The Katzenjammer Kids. (Sorry, \"Catsenjammer Cids\" just doesn\'t work, phonetically speaking.) :)
  • Amanda StarAmanda Star VictoriaMember Posts: 221
    edited 16 July, 2008
    The most famous cat of all! The Cat That Walked By Himself. ;D
  • Elizabeth KElizabeth K ChicagoMember Posts: 11,036
    edited 21 July, 2008
    Church from Pet Sematary by Stephen King. ;) I noticed someone mentioned one of my favorites... Tailchaser's Song! =;
    edited 21 July, 2008
    D.C. from That Darn Cat
    edited 21 July, 2008
    Tag from the book The Golden Cat by Gabriel King Someone mentioned Spot from Star Trek so I just had to include Data's poem: Ode to Spot Felis catus is your taxonomic nomenclature, An endothermic quadruped, carnivorous by nature; Your visual, olfactory, and auditory senses Contribute to your hunting skills and natural defenses. I find myself intrigued by your sub-vocal oscillations, A singular development of cat communications That obviates your basic hedonistic predilection For a rhythmic stroking of your fur to demonstrate affection. A tail is quite essential for your acrobatic talents, You would not be so agile if you lacked its counterbalance. And when not being utilized to aid in locomotion It often serves to illustrate the state of your emotion. Oh Spot, the complex levels of behavior you display Connote a fairly well-developed cognitive array; And though you are not sentient, Spot, and do not comprehend, I nonetheless consider you a true and valued friend.
    edited 21 July, 2008
    Fat Louie from The Princess Diaries MAD Cat from Inspector Gadget
  • Helen SturtHelen Sturt LondonMember Posts: 18
    edited 25 July, 2008
    What about Thundercats - Lion-o, Cheetarah and the rest? OK, I know they were really cat-humanoid hybrids, but they're way too cool not to mention. Thundercats, ho!
  • Alexis McCabeAlexis McCabe Member Posts: 942
    edited 26 July, 2008
    I know someone mentioned garfield and sry if this was already said but what about Nurmal?
  • Nadine GraciaNadine Gracia New BedfordMember Posts: 46
    edited 28 July, 2008
    Yoruichi from the anime series Bleach... She's not really a cat but she takes on a cat form hiding her real identity. Also stuffed animal Kon from Bleach. Kuroneko from the anime Trigun who appears in each episode by popping up/randomly appearing or walking across the screen MOL Blackie from The Worst Witch Duchess from Babe
  • Helen SturtHelen Sturt LondonMember Posts: 18
    edited 1 August, 2008
    Meowth from Pokemon - does he count as a cat?
  • Anna MclainAnna Mclain Texarkana TX.Member Posts: 3,913
    edited 7 December, 2008
    Hi,I'm Molly.Morris the cat from 9 lives!
  • Angela ClarkAngela Clark Fort SmithMember Posts: 15,094
    edited 7 December, 2008
    My favorite cat is Mungojerrie who appeared in Dean Koontz book Sieze the Night. He got his name from Mungojerrie in T. S. Eliot's book "Old Possums Book of Practical Cats." Other cool cats from Eliot's book also appear in the Broadway musical "Cats": Rum Tum Tugger, Rumpelteazer, Mr. Mistoffelees, Old Deuteronomy, and Macavity
  • Angela ClarkAngela Clark Fort SmithMember Posts: 15,094
    edited 7 December, 2008
    The orange tabby from the TV show "Early Edition." He would bring tomorrow's newspaper today and help Gary Hobson solve mysteries that would change the news.
  • Alisha HumphriesAlisha Humphries WestminsterMember Posts: 74
    edited 21 February, 2009
    Dewey!!! Very good book I recommend to all!! My mommy LOVES that book!!!
  • Beastie_and_the_BoysBeastie_and_the_Boys Marquette, MI / ChicagoMember Posts: 17,806 ✭✭✭
    edited 22 February, 2009
    Koko and Yum Yum from Lilian Jackson Braun's "The Cat Who..." series of mystery novels. =;
  • SterlingAndTheSTeamSterlingAndTheSTeam Mount OliveMember Posts: 41,262 ✭✭✭
    edited 22 February, 2009
    \"Tao\" -- a Siamese from The Incredible Journey
  • edited 23 February, 2009
    Abraham Delacey, Geoseppacasi,Thomas O\'Mally, the ally cat. ...from the Aristocats.
  • edited 23 February, 2009
    Oliver!!! In Oliver & Company!%:D% He's a pretty cute orange tabby, just like me! ;)
  • Teresa HawkinsTeresa Hawkins McHenryMember Posts: 415
    edited 24 February, 2009
    A famous cat? Hazel Lucy!!! As far as TV/Literary cats go, there's Jinxy from the Pixie and Dixie cartoons, Katnip from Herman and Katnip cartoons (Mom had waaaay too much TV time as a child) and Mom also remembers a book called Jenny Lind and her Listening Cat, where Jenny (the famous Scandinavian singer from the 1800's) had Kisse Kat, her kitty that would listen to her practice singing.
  • janice lancasterjanice lancaster temple gaMember Posts: 2,505
    edited 26 February, 2009
    Oh Senor Don Gato was a cat On a high red roof Don Gato sat He went there to read a letter, Meow, meow, meow Where the reading light was better, Meow, meow, meow 'Twas a love note for Don Gato I adore you wrote the lady cat Who was fluffy, white and nice and fat There was not a sweeter kitty, Meow, meow, meow In the country or the city, Meow, meow, meow And she said she'd wed Don Gato Oh, Don Gato jumped so happily He fell off the roof and broke his knee Broke his ribs and all his whiskers, Meow, meow, meow And his little solar plexus, Meow, meow, meow Ay Caramba cried Don Gato Then the doctors all came on the run Just to see if something could be done And they held a consultation, Meow, meow, meow About how to save their patient, Meow, meow, meow How to save Senor Don Gato But in spite of everything they tried Poor Senor Don Gato up and died And it wasn't very merry, Meow, meow, meow Going to the cemetery, Meow, meow, meow For the ending of Don Gato When the funeral passed the market square Such a smell of fish was in the air Though his burial was slated, Meow, meow, meow He became reanimated, Meow, meow, meow He came back to life, Don Gato
  • Jessie NoguesJessie Nogues Miami, FloridaMember Posts: 40
    edited 27 February, 2009
    I am a little biased, but PYEWACKET! The cool cat from the film Bell, Book, and Candle. Although mine is pretty cute too...lol.