Orphaned kittens rescued

April SimardApril Simard WindsorMember Posts: 678
On Wednesday a home in my city caught on fire because someone was using a space heater to thaw pipes. The home belonged to a woman who fosters cats for a local rescue organization. The firefighters saved 9 of the kitties and some escaped out the back door. No dead cats were found inside the home. Here's the link to the story: http://www.canada.com/windsorstar/story.html?id=4441b6ab-1baa-4268-b70b-1c1adca52d6c&k=6599 I am a bit upset because on the website with this news story some people are actually saying the firefighters should not have bothered saving the cats.. "should have let them die" one poster said!!! I am outraged! I did post a response to that page but it has not been posted by the administrators. If you all would like to visit and make a comment about the article that would be great. This woman is a kind foster mom for kitties and she should not have to hear that her fosters should have died in a fire after she already lost her home. Geesh makes me mad.

Comments

• Sarah MinerSarah Miner MaplewoodMember Posts: 3,790
    edited 17 February, 2011
    Why wouldn't they save the kittens? Some people are so heartless! I'm glad that the kitties got out OK. =D> For the firemen