New Game: Epic Poem!

Elizabeth ClarkeElizabeth Clarke BerkeleyMember Posts: 1,818 ✭✭
edited 1 February, 2008 in Plus Fun
Let's try something new! In this game, we’ll be creating a never-ending ode to ourselves! Here’s an example of the rhyme scheme we’ll be using (I figured if it was good enough for a former Poet Laureate, it’s good enough for us): from "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening" by Robert Frost Whose woods these are I think I know. a His house is in the village though; a He will not see me stopping here b To watch his woods fill up with snow. a My little horse must think it queer b To stop without a farmhouse near b Between the woods and frozen lake c The darkest evening of the year. b He gives his harness bells a shake c To ask if there is some mistake. c The only other sound's the sweep d Of easy wind and downy flake. c So the rhyme scheme is: aaba bbcb ccdc dded ... and so on. The first cat writes a four-line verse in the rhyme scheme aaba. The next cat continues the poem with a verse using bbcb. Etc. If you’re feeling inspired, you can write as many verses at a time as you want! I’ll start things off ... I hope you will join in and have fun! "Ode To Cats!" All hail the noble feline race! With so much beauty, charm, and grace, No house can be a home unless There is a cat to warm the place. We purr beneath a soft caress, And give our love with such largesse, That many doctors’ studies show To pet us relieves humans’ stress. (The next cat’s first, second and fourth lines will rhyme with “show.”)