Milagrito for President

Diane MoeDiane Moe NorthfieldMember Posts: 4,004 ✭✭
edited 13 March, 2008 in Plus Fun
Hey, my buddy Milagrito has decided to run for President. I think he has a good chance to win, after all, he has a strong stance on animal rights, as well as tuna and kibble for all!!! He is working on some position papers as we speak. Please check out his campaign poster! http://www.catster.com/cats/238861 Do any of you have some issues that are real important to you? Please let me know, I can pass it onto Milagrito. Thanks! Wiggy

Comments

• Dee GilsonDee Gilson San FranciscoMember Posts: 5,299
    edited 11 February, 2008
    Hey Wiggy -- I saw Milagrito's picture, and I am so proud of him for running! I'd vote for him over any of the other candidates ANY day! No kidding! I'll do whatever I can to help his campaign! You can count on me! Purrs, Dashy (a registered "Declines to State")
  • Judy EastridgeJudy Eastridge ChicagoMember Posts: 1,845
    edited 11 February, 2008
    Finally...a candidate we can get behind! I love tuna and I have a feeling I could love cheeseburgers....but the opportunity to try them has been denied me. When Milagrito becomes President, I KNOW this injustice will be righted....I WILL has a cheeseburger! Hey...since I'm a Queen (Queen Coffee, Supreme and Excellent Ruler of All Things Caffinated), I should have an automatic cabinet position. Since I have been officially diagnosed with insides as pretty as the outside (it's true...I heard the vet tell my Mom), I would like to be Secretary of Interior. I wonder how many Zealies I should donate to Milagrito in order to secure that position?
  • Diane MoeDiane Moe NorthfieldMember Posts: 4,004 ✭✭
    edited 12 February, 2008
    It's always good to donate lots of zealies, Coffee! Speaking of zealies, is anyone else worried about how the recession will affect the value of the zealie? I think that is something Milagrito should address! Wiggy
  • Sarah AppleSarah Apple San FranciscoMember Posts: 264
    edited 12 February, 2008
    Hey Wiggy, I am VERY concerned about the devaluation of the zealie. Especially how they magically disappear from my account after I don't use them. If that's not Big Brother, I don't know what is! Here I am, a hard-working tax paying kitty, and I lose zealies to the heavy hand of Catster every month. I think Milagrito definitely needs to address this. I would be happy to be his "Speaker of the House". Mom would second that - I make LOTS of noise at ALL hours of the night! Purrrrrrs, Pedro
    edited 12 February, 2008
    I second Pedro as Speaker of the House. He can speak for me any time! And I too am concerned about my depleting Zealie collection! Here I scrimp and save, and lo and behold, next thing I know THEY'RE GONE!!! I just don't get it! I certainly hope Milagrito will consider the Zealie crisis in his platform!:h:
  • Deb CainDeb Cain San AugustineMember Posts: 14,035
    edited 12 February, 2008
    I am denately behind Milagrito for Prez! I love tuna, and Mommy loves cheeseburgers, and since she is the TYPIST, I must keep her happy!! MOL!!! Yes, the zealies must be addressed!!! As all of us are hard working, yet well cared for kits, we need to be sure we get every "bang" for our buck!! We also need a LOUD voice to speak for our Cat Food standards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We need NEVER to face the crisis we did in 06-07. We are having such purrfect representation showing up in this forum!!! Milagrito for Presideent!! Wiggy for VP!!!
  • Cris GutierrezCris Gutierrez San FranciscoMember Posts: 808
    edited 13 February, 2008
    My fellow Americats, Thank you for sharing your concerns with me. I hope that when I am elected, I will have absolute power. Otherwise, I will try diplomacy with Catster. I wonder, do the extra zealies we buy also disappear? I never thought about it, since I usually only buy a few and use them pretty quickly. It would be a scandal (I know, Wiggy, it\'s not much of one, but it\'s a start) to pay for extra zealies and then have them go away. We need a National Bank of Zealies so we can practice good financial habits. I think Coffee would make an excellent Secretary of the Interior. I had offered the position to a cat in return for a favor, like any politician, but he didn\'t accept, so it\'s Coffee\'s. It\'s really the best job because you get to be in charge of all the outdoor federal land. That means Coffee is in charge of the national parks and all the critters in them. Coffee, we might also need you to be in charge of White House social events, too, in case Sirenita is hiding. She\'s not happy about this First Lady business, not at all. Keep sending me your ideas. I got tagged again for the meme game, which means, I think, that my platform will have 7 points. I\'m busy working on it! Pawmail me if you would like one of Booger\'s beautiful campaign posters to put up. That Boogers is one fine graphic artist! Thanks friends, Milagrito
  • Tina WallaceTina Wallace ukiahMember Posts: 1,644
    edited 13 February, 2008
    I\'s found it...YEAH!!!! I vote for you...just fur the Cheeezeyburgers...I love Cheeezeyburgers and any cat willing to give me cheeezeyburgers gets my vote...YUMMMMY!!!! GO GO GO MILAGRITO...:h::h::-h=D>=D>=D>
    edited 14 February, 2008
    I accept! I accept!|$||$|;P (Coffee dances about tossing confetti in the air)
    edited 19 February, 2008
    bump
    edited 27 February, 2008
    There will be a campaign kickoff junket to Buenos Aires on Sunday, March 2 at 5:00 pm catster time. The flight will take off from the forums, I'll provide more details later. Be prepared to tango and malambo!
  • Samantha PittengerSamantha Pittenger NorthernMember Posts: 14,599
    edited 29 February, 2008
    Wiggy, I've been so busy making campaigning posters, that I just NOW saw this!! Yes, post information as Milagrito has my vote! =;
  • Sarah AppleSarah Apple San FranciscoMember Posts: 264
    edited 1 March, 2008
    Oooh, Buenos Aires! The land of my peeps! OK, not really, but there are a lot of kitties named Pedro there. I have my passport ready and I have already packed my wet food in individual ziplocks so I won't have trouble at security. Can't wait! I hear the steak is great. Hopefully my girl Pandi (blushing) will come too so we can dance the tango together (sigh). |$||$||$||$|
  • edited 1 March, 2008
    Be sure and read Milagrito's diary regarding health care! We are late and confused about the rally in Buenos Aires...where do we go for more info, and is it still a "go?" Adios, amigos mios! Hasta!
    edited 1 March, 2008
    I have word that the kick-off might be moved to another day, but we aren't sure yet. In the meantime, I'm checking out the parks and recreation areas and the interior decorators. Madame Secretary of Interior will be ready for a report.
    edited 1 March, 2008
    *skipping through the forum* Hi, Pedro! (looks down and twists front paw --- looks up to see that Pedro is blushing) ~giggles~ I have my passport ready too. My Mom said your Mom is so smart to have your food already in one-quart zip-lock baggies. She is madly packing for me and Coffee Pot right now! Yeah! See you at Buenas Aires! (xoxoxo just for Pedro) Pandi (with a heart over the i)
    edited 1 March, 2008
    It appears the campaign junket (er, trip) to Buenos Aires will need to be postponed because our President Elect has computer problems this weekend. Keep checking here. We're working on a new date. Dashiell Secretary of Foreign Travel
  • Samantha PittengerSamantha Pittenger NorthernMember Posts: 14,599
    edited 1 March, 2008
    Thanks for letting us know Dashiell! =;
    edited 2 March, 2008
    OK. The kickoff in Buenos Aires is now being held on 3/16. More details will follow including the meet up location for transport to South America! Guys, practice your Malambos to impress the other toms as well as those cute girl cats! Wiggy
  • Catherine FrazierCatherine Frazier San Jose, CaliforniaMember Posts: 1,899
    edited 9 March, 2008
    Hi effuryone. My name is Cammi and I have been offered an internship by our soon-to-be President-elect Milagrito. I do not yet own a blue dress but it has been mentioned to me that I should consider getting a thong.
    edited 9 March, 2008
    My name is Scottie, and I will be President Milagrito’s Secretary of Health. My offices will be in Tahiti. You are welcome to drop in anytime. My first project is to let humans know that sunshine is good for you. As long as you are not a white cat, or a red-headed human with green eyes.
    edited 9 March, 2008
    I am Ryan, also known as the Ryan King and I have applied for a position in the Secret Service. Originally I thought I would be an acceptable body double for the President-elect, but I think I will better serve his administration by being President Milagrito’s official bodyguard and intelligence-gatherer/black ops agent. Because I was born in ‘da hood area of San José, I am especially qualified for this position. Do you have the guts to say no to me?? Do ya??? Punk!!!
    edited 9 March, 2008
    I am Matt. My family is furriends with Milagrito. I do not yet have a position in his new federal government. I have few talents except for eating and sleeping but I have a feeling there are many government positions that have these qualities as the main job requirements.
    edited 13 March, 2008
    You are correct, Matt! Lots of government positions require excellent sleeping skills. I have no doubt Milagrito will find the purrfect job for you!