Best All Natural Wet Food

Kenzie KanneKenzie Kanne DedhamMember Posts: 222
edited 12 February, 2008 in Food & Nutrition
I have some picky cats who are also FELV positive. We are trying to feed them the best we can w/in our budget and time frame. We have recently switched from Friskies to Wellness can to Wellness pouch. My kitties(9months) refuse to eat anything in loaf form...it has to be chunks, cutlets, etc. Now they aren't really eating the wellness pouch food anymore. They did have a bout of diarrhea about 2 weeks after we were on it fully but that has gone away. They love the Wellness dry. What would be the best all natural wet food to feed them? I don't want to end up w/ a bunch of cans of things they won't eat because I have to order online...do you know of any that are more filets, chunks, cutlets, etc? Thanks!

Comments

• Vanessa BobackVanessa Boback TampaMember Posts: 3,149
    edited 11 February, 2008
    To my knowledge, the only "GOOD" food that sells pouches is Wellness. My cats get them as a treat every couple of days and would jump through hoops for them! On a regular basis they get Nature's Variety Instinct dry food and Innova EVO canned. Innova is a very good food, maybe you could try it? Other than wellness pouches, I'm not sure if there is another brand that sells anything other than canned. I know Evangers has things like canned whole mackerel and chicken with the bones still in it (the bones crumble).... but they are pretty expensive!!
  • kate vonkkate vonk BoiseMember Posts: 1,313
    edited 11 February, 2008
    i know that tiki cat has chunky foods. actually, i bought a variety pack and one of them even had little squid legs in it because it was with kalimari and the mackeral cutlets had chuncks of whole fish in it. i know fish should only be given as a special treat because of mercury and such but it might be worth a shot. merrick also has some formulas that are pretty chunky.
  • Karen LeeKaren Lee The kingdom of Mer-lotMember Posts: 89,020
    edited 11 February, 2008
    Weruva is either sliced or chunky varieties. The fish ones are all chunky in jelly and the meat ones are mostly sliced with one or two chunky ones.
  • Jenna LuskJenna Lusk Pacific NWMember Posts: 2,034
    edited 12 February, 2008
    My kitties LOVE the Wellness pouches. I don't feed them fish. First of all, they don't like it, but also the vet told me that too much fish can make a kitty sick. Both my cats go crazy over the chicken/duck variety of the Wellness pouches.
  • Alana RobertsAlana Roberts BrooklynMember Posts: 758
    edited 12 February, 2008
    Natasha my MOST fussy eater LOVES PetGuard Chicken flavor, its very moist and has good quality ingredients. I woudl recommend trying that. She even turns her nose up at tuna from time to time but she loves this stuff!