\'odd\' things you like to eat

Brittany ReedBrittany Reed Des Moines, IAMember Posts: 133
edited 29 February, 2008 in Food & Nutrition
So mommy thought it would be fun to hear what other kittys are interested in (food wise... or at least they like to think it's food). Things that I love (but mommy NEVER lets me have them :( ) I love anything to do with Mint. LOVE IT. I steal mints from mommys purse (but she does a good job of putting it up), i steal mint gum from mommy's aunt. I love to smell your breath after you brush your teeth! I also LOVE bananas!! when ever mommy eats them, i'm always right on her lap, and begging for them. SOMETIMES she gives me a tiny bite, but i'm always wanting more!!! Suckers - i love them... i just do. Mommy says that i use to try to steal pop corn from her too... but, unlike most kitties, i HATE fish. hate it. thats all i can think of for now though. what about you guys?

Comments

• Vanessa BobackVanessa Boback TampaMember Posts: 3,149
    edited 26 February, 2008
    When Rasha was a kitten, he was sort of an oddball. He would jump in the bath tub with me!! He likes to eat spinach, potato and cucumber peels.... pretty much anything I could give him. I cannot eat any kind of ice cream or yogurt while he is next to me. He paws at my spoon and knocks it off so that he can get some! Cheetah has learned that from him so they both have to be away from me when I eat or there\'s a mess everywhere! Also, Cheetah is CRRAAZZYYY for Cheetos! I don\'t know what it is about it, but that\'s how she got her name. She claws her way up my arm to get the cheese on the end of my finger and tries to eat my whole finger! I only let her have a lick, and she knows that but doesn\'t stop trying! I noticed that they also like to eat (or try to eat) Styrofoam! I put an end to that real quick! ::o
  • Tanya MundyTanya Mundy boulderMember Posts: 763
    edited 26 February, 2008
    Dulci loved Angle Food Cake, and Marshmallows. they say cats don't have sweet tooths. i beg to differ.
  • FelixFelix Member Posts: 45,573 ✭✭✭
    edited 26 February, 2008
    I love saltine crackers and Cheerios (plain, not the sweetened varieties). I know when Mom is opening a package of the crackers, and I come running. I won't leave her alone until I get a few bites, and she'd better not leave them unattended on the kitchen table!
  • Sara MelendezSara Melendez Member Posts: 23
    edited 26 February, 2008
    Well, I eat pretty much everything, hehee. One of the oddest things I've eaten is a muffin, though -- Mom offered a piece to me but didn't think I'd actually eat it! But it turns out that I like muffins. And noodles. And popcorn (I go NUTS for popcorn). Heck, I think I'll probably try everything at least once! At least that's been Mom's experience with me so far, hehee. I don't like fish much, though -- I won't eat any cat food that's fish-flavored. I also snub the meat rolls that Mom buys as training treats for the dog, which consist of lamb lungs, hearts, etc etc. Supposedly yummy stuff, but no way would I eat it (although the other cat wolfed it down). I guess I'm a little odd all around, hehee.
  • Janet PlymireJanet Plymire IllinoisMember Posts: 344
    edited 26 February, 2008
    I like lettuce and bananas, my brofur Cocoa likes green olives and our sister Pretty likes turkey or ham lunchmeat. Our meowmy tries real hard not to let us eat too much people food so we never really got used to having it, but when she was befriending Pretty she would coax her with ham or turkey, so that is why Pretty likes that. I also like to lick plastic bags....yummm MOL! :))
  • Deb LoewensternDeb Loewenstern Member Posts: 4
    edited 26 February, 2008
    I like to eat whatever mom eats, especially rice pudding and french fries. My favorite day is Sunday when she has lox and cream cheese. She won't let me have the rubber bands, tho
  • Elizabeth KElizabeth K ChicagoMember Posts: 11,036
    edited 26 February, 2008
    I'm a junk food junkie! I'm not supposed to eat these things but I will if I can get my paws on them... I love potato chips, shoestring potatoes, crackers, Combos, and any other salty junk foods! I also love to eat ribbon, especially the plastic kind (like on gifts). My humans always make sure there is no ribbon around and if there is they hide it in a drawer because if it's ANYWHERE around I will find it!
  • Leigh PetersonLeigh Peterson AkronMember Posts: 796
    edited 26 February, 2008
    Anything wrapped in cellophane, please! I loooooove chewing on cellophane!
  • Mary ComminsMary Commins AntiochMember Posts: 55,502
    edited 26 February, 2008
    I love popcorn, too! And plastic bags are the best!! Pretzels, marshmallows, chow mein noodles, tortilla chips, peanut butter and whipped cream are some of the other things I love to eat! I love all kinds of meat and fish and about once a month or so I get the water from a tuna can! Thats my kitty soda pop as Mom calls it!
  • Leanna GeorgeLeanna George Member Posts: 1,036
    edited 26 February, 2008
    I love spaghetti... noodles, tomato sauce, chicken or hamburger... I eat it all... especially off the 2 year old human's plate when mommy has got him to the tub and I get the rest that's strewed out on the placemat just for me... as long as he doesn't pet me with those tomato hands, I don't mind one bit.
  • edited 26 February, 2008
    Samie likes fruit loops and fresh pea pods. He will open the pod, eat all the peas, and throw the pod on the floor. :-k
  • Amy CroweAmy Crowe Member Posts: 278
    edited 26 February, 2008
    Plastic! I love plastic. When my moms banned plastic bags from the house, I became desperate and started chewing on the plastic laundry basket.
    I like Cheez-Its! Blame Dad for that one! I also like to eat wool, forget it if there\'s a wool blanket around! I like carpet too! I even got a Nilla wafer a couple of nights ago - I just reached my paw in the box and pulled one out! YUM!
    I LOVE to lick plastic! I don\'t eat it, but can spend HOURS licking it! That\'s about the only ODD thing I like to eat (or lick)!
    I like yogurt! Honestly, I\'ll try anything! I like scrambled eggs, cheese, crackers and even toast! They don\'t call me \"Jaws\" for nothin\'!
  • Sharon BraatenSharon Braaten Great BarringtonMember Posts: 842
    edited 26 February, 2008
    I love ketchup and tomato sauce, yogurt, cottage cheese, any kind of cheeeese! I always try to lick the human's plates when they're done. I like to at least try everything! Oh yeah I also love vegetarian fake turkey meat! Yum! My motto used to be "Let me lick the plate when you're done!" :)
    edited 26 February, 2008
    Matilda's brother here . . . I love most human cereal, especially chex cereal! I also love cheeeeeese and fake veggie meat! I even eat tofu sometimes MOL. I also like when mom gets take out sushi. I always get a taste (no wasabi please)!
    edited 26 February, 2008
    Matilda and Yoda's brother here . . . I really don't like human food. I won't eat cheese or any of the other stuff my siblings like. I prefer to much on bits of carpet, plastic toilet paper wrappers and fuzzy toys! Strange, I know! :-k
  • Natalie RobertsNatalie Roberts NashvilleMember Posts: 83
    edited 26 February, 2008
    I had a sweet tooth, too! My favorite thing in the world was when mommy would eat a peanut butter sandwich . . . although she couldn\'t figure out if I loved the peanut butter or bread more! Also, if my humans brought home cookies, donuts, cake, or anything sweet, I would just go NUTS and beg for it! Frosting was very yummy, too. I also had this weird habit of licking the paint on the walls (lead free paint.) Mommy always got on to me when I did that. Also, I would lick the plastic trash bags that were in mommy\'s little trash can beside her computer desk. I am at the Bridge now, but mommy misses all these silly little things about me. |^|
    edited 27 February, 2008
    Well I don't think either of these are odd, but I like the dog's crunchies and I like yogurt. The first vet my mom ever took me to told my mom to put my yucky medicine in yogurt. He said "they love it, and it's so good for them." My mom didn't believe him until she saw me go for that yogurt!!! My brother Oscar won't touch yogurt which is fine with me, I get it all to myself!
    edited 27 February, 2008
    Oh yeah I forgot.....do you see any carpet fuzzies or loose carpet around? My mom always picks it up before I can eat it, grrr!
  • Maggie BussaMaggie Bussa Member Posts: 191
    edited 27 February, 2008
    Armand hates people food and only eats a little fresh cooked turkey at Thanksgiving, but Morgainne likes bananas. I had a cat once that loved peas. She could smell them cooking and would beg for some. She would also run off with an ear of corn if you gave it to her and would gnaw at any remaining kernals.
  • Mary ComminsMary Commins AntiochMember Posts: 55,502
    edited 27 February, 2008
    I love lthe dogs happy hips chicken strips!! I have been known to stick my head in the bag and take a whole one for me!!!
  • Heidi HessenHeidi Hessen Acworth/KennesawMember Posts: 975
    edited 27 February, 2008
    I am with Charlie about the dogs crunchies. They are so nummy! Other than that, i just eat my own food....although i do have an obsession with aluminum foil.. i just loooove to chew on it!
    edited 27 February, 2008
    Cheerios Cheerios Cheerios!!!! Also i loved peeples tuna! Yummy!!!
    edited 27 February, 2008
    I liked Cheerios too!!! Mama would snack on them and make sure me and Skitzee had some too!!! I also liked lunch meat. One time papa had a ham samich on the coffee table...he got up to go get something and when he came back he saw me snatch the ham and go race down the hall!! MOL!!! Boy, was he surprised!
    edited 27 February, 2008
    I like chickens. Period. I do NOT like fishes. Mom tried some both cooked and raw for me and i said NO WAY JOSE! She put it out in the woods for the racoons to eat, but then my doggie sisfur Lucy found it....she scarfed it down real quick! And it was RAW! :-O
    edited 27 February, 2008
    I will eat just about anything mom gives to me....particularly those oscar meyers cheese dogs - either cold or warmed up! I too, like little Zoe above, like the dog's crunchies, and also her wet stuff. Whatever mom is snacking on i feel i have an obligation to at least taste it. :D
    edited 27 February, 2008
    I am a southern boy. I like collard greens. Yes, y'all heard me correctly. Collard greens. Glory Collard Greens to be precise. I also like cream sauce (like Alfredo sauce-yummy!!). I just take a few licks.
  • Kim WashburnKim Washburn LouisvilleMember Posts: 1,057
    edited 27 February, 2008
    I didn't really like people food, but I did like tuna and get this, taco sauce. One day mom had drizzed some over her taco and I walked over to her plate and licked off the spills. Mommy had never seen me get food off a plate before, so she put down another drop or two of mild sauce and sure enough, I gobbled it up. Mom was so surprised she called grandma to tell her. :))! I didn't get very much taco sauce, but every once in a while mom would let me have a few licks. It was sooooo yummy!!