Can anyone tell me some ideas on what breed or breeds my cat is???

Laura KuzmaLaura Kuzma Sout HeightsMember Posts: 1
edited 3 February, 2009 in Domestic Long Hair
I am new to this web site so i dont really know how to do this. But can anyone tell me what type of cat i have. i don tknow where he came from but he looks like a pure bread cat. he has the long hair flat face, big blue eyes. he is in my pictures, if anyone has any guesses thats all im asking for. thanks a lot. Laura and Moo Cow|^|

Comments

• Lena ConklinLena Conklin DentonMember Posts: 2
    edited 14 July, 2008
    When I got my cat I tried to figure out what breed she is. She has the turkish van coloring but I know she\'s not that. I found out that there are plenty of mutt-cats with that coloring. Chances are that if you didn\'t get your cat from a breeder, it\'s not a \"pure\" breed. If it has a flat face, perhaps it has some persian in it\'s ancestry. Try browsing through the breeds on this page and see what it most resembles: http://www.cfainc.org/breeds.html.
  • Lena ConklinLena Conklin DentonMember Posts: 2
    edited 14 July, 2008
    Oops! Accidentally posted twice.
  • James SimerlJames Simerl TecumsehMember Posts: 556
    edited 7 October, 2008
    I'm not very sure what I am! When I saw a Turkish Angora I thought I looked like one, but my family thinks I am a DLH.:-k
  • Lilly KoonsLilly Koons LouisvilleMember Posts: 159
    edited 30 October, 2008
    Yours is probably a himilayn mix. Most domestic longhairs aren't mixes with any purebreed though. Yours could have been a Siamese mix but judging the head I'd say Himilayn.
  • Julie BerryJulie Berry Rio RanchoMember Posts: 1
    edited 3 February, 2009
    My vet said when I was rescued that I was 8-9 weeks old and that I was a DMH, however my owners now think with my fascination of knocking over water & playing in it that I might be a Maine Coon, so Mom contaced a breeder and sent a picture & he said maybe a NFC, or \'wegie\'...What do you all think I am?