Fake Cats? Huh?

Comments

• Valerie DurhamValerie Durham Member Posts: 8,724
    edited 8 October, 2013
    Hi, Nina! This is my first time back on Catster after two months. How are ya?
  • Shelley CoxShelley Cox CarbondaleMember Posts: 2,752
    edited 19 October, 2013
    This is Delyte, with my new wings!!!! Riley made them for me. I love them. My person thinks it will take some getting used to for her. The Bridge is a lot nicer than my house back there. Hi Harvey and Harvey's person!! We all have missed you so much! Hi Nina! This list used to be really busy but everyone has gone to Facebook, or, like me and Raddy and Louis, gone to the Bridge. Purrs to all and wish you would come back and we could have another adventure.
    edited 9 November, 2013
    It's Stella. Two more kitties gone from "Fake Cats." Queenie and Fluff let themselves out of the screen door this morning and ran off into the woods behind us. They used to be feral kittens and live back there but that was 6 years ago, and we don't think they can figure out how to come back. They don't know how to hunt and never eat anything but cat food and people food. Even worse, because they have always been wild and feral-ish even when they lived inside, they have not had their shots updated in a long time. My person says she is going to take ME to the vet on Monday to get my shots updated, but she is not sure she can let Fluff and Queenie back inside since they won't allow her to take them to the vet. They are not going to be happy about being outside as they both love their comforts and are very affectionate when they want to be. Our person is miserable and wishes she had never taken them in when they were little cold kittens, 6 years ago next week. There is a large pack of coyotes living in the woods where they have gone to hide and that's what will ultimately become of them. I guess we postponed the inevitable by 6 years. I have been looking for them and howling. Who am I going to play with and beat up now?! I've never been an only cat and don't know if I want to be. Our person is devastated by losing three cats in three months. I guess I am, too--they were my brother and sister although from a different litter. :((
  • janice lancasterjanice lancaster temple gaMember Posts: 2,505
    edited 12 November, 2013
    Not again..this is very sad. I can only wish you luck
  • Valerie DurhamValerie Durham Member Posts: 8,724
    edited 23 November, 2013
    Very sad. Any updates?
    edited 24 November, 2013
    It's Queenie and Fluff. We are both back to our Fake Cats friends! I got caught in the humane trap after being out only four days, but we had to wait ten days for Fluff to get caught. We were both spending most of our time under our own trailer, where it is reasonably warm and dry. Still, what a waste of our time running outside to do that. There were a couple of nights that it was bitterly cold, and last Sunday there was a terrible storm with rain that came horizontally. We are now enjoy the warmth and the cat food and being cuddled. Thanks to everyone who purred for us--we heard you! :-h
  • Arlye DruryArlye Drury DartmouthMember Posts: 826
    edited 24 November, 2013
    So glad they are home! I know the re-introducing is going kind of slow, but after a few weeks, I bet things will get back to normal. Happy are the cats who have a warm and loving home! much love The Purrgang
    edited 28 November, 2013
    It's Stella, Queenie and Fluff. Happy Thanksgiving to all our Fake Cats friends! :-h ~a~ |/h/|
  • Faye DufourFaye Dufour Destrehan, LA/New Orleans areaMember Posts: 4,648
    edited 8 December, 2013
    I don't know how many of your are on FACEBOOK, but I wanted to share this with our FAKE CAT family. Our dear friend, Valerie Durham, who lived in Japan for many years, and moved back to the U.S. earlier this year passed away. She fell at home Friday - in her bedroom. When her good friend Jane could not reach her she went to Val's house and found her on the bedroom floor. The medical examiner said when she fell the way she fell cut off her breathing. She would not have suffered. Val was always funny and loved her cats so much. She had bought a Victorian house in the small town where she lived. Had adopted two cats and was having a great time fixing up and furnishing the house. And she had Thanksgiving at her friend Jane's house, and was looking forward to Christmas. Only good news is that her friend Jane will take her two cats (both girls) and give them a furrever home. Fly free at the Rainbow Bridge Val....I know all your beloved cats there greeted you. We will miss you. Faye and The New Orleans Kitties:((:((:((
  • Linda AbramsLinda Abrams Joanna, SC 29351Member Posts: 555 ✭✭
    edited 8 December, 2013
    |r| RIP, Val |r|
    edited 10 December, 2013
    We are so sorry to hear this. We loved her stories and her cats! May you rest in peace Val!
  • Lori MalmLori Malm San FranciscoMember Posts: 7,342
    edited 12 December, 2013
    |/a/||r|Keeping Val and her kitties in my thoughts and purrayers.|r||/a/|
  • Kat WhickerKat Whicker ToledoMember Posts: 1,695
    edited 17 January, 2014
    im in tears now...just found out about this today. now i hear catster is closing. just a sad day. is there a facebook group for the fake cats?
    edited 17 January, 2014
    It's Stella. Some of us are not on Facebook and didn't want to get on because of privacy issues and the amount to work involved screening messages. Our person is in tears over this, as Catster was perfect for her ability. She also found out yesterday that the state has done something to her health insurance so she now has to pay full retail price for everything. It was not a good day! :((
  • Sheena WalterSheena Walter Member Posts: 799
    edited 18 January, 2014
    I'm so very sad to hear about Val. That's heartbreaking. :( I'm sorry I haven't been around in so long. Life has been crazy. I'm sad that Catster is closing the community. I would like to keep in touch. What is the best way to keep in touch with you guys?
    edited 20 January, 2014
    I don't know if there is a fake cats page on FB. If there is I'd like to be included. If anyone knows can you pmail me?
  • Annalisa Conserti-JonesAnnalisa Conserti-Jones Member Posts: 5,234
    edited 22 January, 2014
    That I know of, there isn't one. I only came back because I heard they were closing shop around here. :( With two human kids, it's getting tough to stay in touch other than on Facebook.
  • SterlingAndTheSTeamSterlingAndTheSTeam Mount OliveMember Posts: 41,262 ✭✭✭
    edited 23 January, 2014
    You can try the Catster Buddies Group on FB.
    edited 3 February, 2014
    This is Stella. Our English friend, Tambolina, is very ill and needs an operation. She is only 8 years old and the operation will cure her problem. But her person cannot find a vet who will do it for less than 2500 pounds. She needs some help either raising money through a charity that covers British cats, or ideas to bring her situation to the media and get some kind of a story about the situation. That might get enough donations to do the operation--or shame the vet into giving her a bigger discount on the operation. [It's a fairly tricky operation and needs a skilled surgeon.] I talked to Jan on Saturday and she is very depressed about all of this and does not seem to know how to kick start her way out of this and into positive action. She needs a LOT of moral support and encouragement about this. She is on Facebook under Granddad Conrad. Please if anyone knows how to help with this one, let her know. Things are much different in the UK and it sounds like vets are very expensive, don't lean towards a charitable view of things, and are perfectly willing to euthanize a comparatively young cat with a curable situation, just because her person does not have the money. Giant purrs to all from the Fake Cats community from me and the Grays! :-h :B and from Delyte (^^
  • Kat WhickerKat Whicker ToledoMember Posts: 1,695
    edited 17 February, 2014
    when my moms dog needed expensive surgery, i contacted every news station and newspaper begging them to do a story on it. i also created a facebook page with a link to paypal. we raised 3 grand over a few weeks. it was extremely hard but doable. I also feel the need to point out that we ended up only using half of the money because the dog didnt respond to treatment, and passed. the rest we donated to a spay chairty. she must have a simular plan if things dont go well
    edited 17 February, 2014
    It's Stella. Tambolina now has a page on GoFundMe at: http://www.gofundme.com/6p9w9c She is not doing very well with raising money. Everyone in the UK is distracted over the terrible floods they are having and there probably is not as much money around because of that, Every little bit helps. I think Jan has a plan if there is money donated and Tambi does not make it, but you should ask her and tell her to post it on the page if you think it will help. Tambi is being treated with steroids and other things and is comfortable but it won't last forever. If she could have the operation she'd be as good as new. It's so sad when you cannot help your beloved pet return to health just because of stupid money.
  • BruceTheBossBruceTheBoss Winslow, BuckinghamshireMember Posts: 37,079 ✭✭✭
    edited 19 February, 2014
    Hi Stella We have created a group of Facebook, I know many kitties are not on there, but if you know of cats and their humans that are on there and they know Tambolina, please send them in the right direction to the group where they will find a link to the Go Fund Me page and hopefully some members may come up with other fundraising ideas: FB Group to Help Tambolina

Bruce The Boss

edited 19 February, 2014
    It's Stella. We can't get into that site, but we hope it inspires everyone to help Tambolina. Purrs ... |:|
  • BruceTheBossBruceTheBoss Winslow, BuckinghamshireMember Posts: 37,079 ✭✭✭
    edited 20 February, 2014
    Are you on Facebook Stella?

Bruce The Boss

edited 20 February, 2014
    It's Stella. No. Sometimes we can look at individual FB pages if we have the exact address to click on, so we look at Granddad Conrad's and a few others. My person thought it would mean too much computer time right now when she has a hard time sitting for long.
    edited 19 March, 2014
    ok- hmmm. Let's get Fake Cats going again! Seriously is everyone on FB? Do yoou have any cat stories to tell? This past year I have been going to shows. Mumma said she is campaigning me in the CFF Household pet division. So far I'm doing ok (I'd rather stay home and sleep, but that's another story). Is any one else doing anything fun or different? Let's hear about that!! :-h
    edited 20 March, 2014
    It's Stella. We got our first mouse of this winter last night! :D Our person saw it first and thought it seemed kind of dumb, walking on the open floor. None of us were around at the moment and she couldn't catch it. Then we caught it and I brought it to my person who was in the bathroom sorting laundry. But I wouldn't let her take it from me. We all played with it and were fascinated. When she came back into the living room, we were just staring at it and it was sitting in the middle of the floor. She scooped it up in a glass and put it outside the door and it ran off. Boo! :-/ [None of the Grays are very good mousers, nothing like Delyte, who always dominated all mousing forays. Today, we wondered if the mouse might have been poisoned somewhere, to account for its bumbling flight, but all the cats seem okay. We think we haven't seen any mice so far this winter, despite the severe cold and plentiful snow, because the coyotes in the field behind the house are consuming them all! :-O ]
    edited 22 March, 2014
    Claude and I chased a mouse through the fire screen (and broke it) in mumma's fireplace. (she wasn't happy about this)and we didn't catch the mouse!
    edited 4 April, 2014
    It's Stella. I just wanted to post that our dear Tambolina is going to have a serious operation on Tues. 4/8. She has a growth that needs to be removed and getting to it is major and delicate surgery. The vet decided that it can't wait any longer. We will all be purring for her here, but our person is doing very badly and may not be able to post around that date so she wanted to make sure that you all knew. Jan and Tambi could use all the support that you can give. Giant purrs to everyone here, you are a wonderful bunch of people and cats.
    edited 8 April, 2014
    Huge purrs for Tambolina and her family.