Exelpet Fleaban House and Carpet spray

Lissa NicholsonLissa Nicholson SydneyMember Posts: 1,562
edited 4 May, 2008 in Kitten Corner
*Cross posted from grooming forum* I have three foster kittens who came to me with fleas. I have bathed them in a herbal wash with eucalyptus meant for treating kittens with fleas (as far as I know it's a bit of a scam, but it's worth a try!) and have been combing them with a flea comb. My own two cats are treated regularly with Advocate. I am concerned about fleas transferring to the carpet. I have bought Exelpet Fleaban House and Carpet spray, but can't find information about it's safety around kittens. The three that I have are about 7 weeks old, and weigh approximately 800 grams each. The bottle also does not say how long a room should be left empty after treatment. Is it safe to put the kittens in the room on the same day as the spray has been used? The active constituents are 5g/L Permethrin 40:60 cis trans, 10g/L Piperonyl Butoxide, 50mg/L Pyriproxyfen. It is suppsed to stop invasion by adult fleas for 3 weeks, and stop eggs from hatching for up to 12 months. I would really appreciate some advice on the safety of this product, as I haven't been able to find any proper information.