I\'m gonna be a mommy..........

edited 7 May, 2008 in Kitten Corner
Well my new mom and dad took me to a new vet this morning and she told them that there is a very decent chance that I am pregnant. This after their old vet told them 3 weeks ago(4/17) that it didn't appear I am pregnant. So it looks like I'm gonnna be a mommy. She said that I have at least 3 kittens and that the average is 5 kittens. After this my new mom and dad will make sure I get spayed as soon as possible. The kittens will be put on here and will be up for adoption to the right homes......after they get a health check, first deworming and first shots at 7-7 1/2 weeks old although they won't leave here until 8 weeks old.

Comments

• Kat WhickerKat Whicker ToledoMember Posts: 1,695
    edited 5 May, 2008
    hi! it is good that you are getting the mother cat fixed. good for you. but you may want to wait untill the kittens are 12 weeks old to find them new homes. they need more time with there littermates to grow up and learn the ways of the "cat" good luck
  • edited 5 May, 2008
    Actually my mom mentioned to the vet that she normally waits until the kittens are 12 weeks old to find homes and the vet said it is actually better to place them in their new homes at 8 weeks instead of 12 weeks in case they need to get used to other cats in the home, dogs or any other animals in their new homes. She said that it is easier for kittens to get used to other animals in their new homes at 8 weeks then at 12 weeks. Although my mom said she will probably wait until 12 weeks anyways.......better safe then sorry :)
  • Annalisa Conserti-JonesAnnalisa Conserti-Jones Member Posts: 5,234
    edited 7 May, 2008
    Actually, if you wait those four weeks and let the kittens socialize each other, they tend to be better adjusted to other cats and play a lot more gently with the cats who already live in their new homes. So your vet's advice, while well meaning, is probably a bit off.