Im having trouble bottle feeding a kitten?

alisha bbbalisha bbb Member Posts: 3
edited 15 May, 2008 in Kitten Corner
i have a abandoned kitten that i found in a box in a parkinglot. he is approx. 2-3 weeks, his teeth just broke through and ive had him for about 5 days. here is my problem, when feeding him kmr he normally chews on the nipple a couple of times and then starts to nurse. i feed him about every 4 hours and normally poop him before each and ofter each feeding. now its been about 8 hours and i havent been able to get him to nurse, he only chews on the nipple, ive been using this nipple for a while now and he has had no problems except now. he gets a little out of the nipple but not much and i do put pedialyte in his formula since he has recently had diareha. i have tried and waited 5 mintues to see if he has taken to it then and i have also tryed to switch different brands of bottles. niether worked. what should i do now?

Comments

• DONNA KELLY-BIRCHDONNA KELLY-BIRCH kenoshaMember Posts: 1,018
    edited 15 May, 2008
    How is it going with that kitten?? The only kittens I\'ve had who chew on the bottle are usually ready to be weaned. Are you sure of his age?? Does he have back teeth yet?? If he has back teeth, he is older than 4 wks. and may start eating solid foods. Otherwise I would think he doesn\'t want the bottle because he is not feeling well. Let us know what happened.