stroking and massaging

elizabeth wilkinsonelizabeth wilkinson LancasterMember Posts: 96
edited 30 May, 2008 in Other Meows & Purrs
Whenever, I go and visit my friend's house. I always hope that I get the opportunity to give her cat a head massage. Lightly rubbing the area just a little above the centre of his eyes. He seems to love it. It is also very relaxing to hear his purrs. I was wondering if you had a favourite method of stroking or massaging? How do your humans physically show affection?

Comments

• emma clarkeemma clarke Nottingham Robin Hood CountryMember Posts: 6,819
    edited 25 May, 2008
    I like to have my head/face grasped in two hands and then the hands move firmly back towards my ears, so my face is effectively pulled backwards in a taught manner, giving the effect of g-force like I'm travelling at great speed. I also like to have my forehead massaged and the skin on the back of my neck massaged and pulled a little - that makes me collapse on the floor and go all dreamy.
  • Valerie DurhamValerie Durham Member Posts: 8,724
    edited 26 May, 2008
    I like to get under the covers with Meowmy and be patted like a baby when you're trying to burp it. Meowmy is my life! %:D%
  • Valerie DurhamValerie Durham Member Posts: 8,724
    edited 29 May, 2008
    I also like REAL massages...Right on that spot, please...harder...oh, that feels so good! Now, a bit more to the side...that\'s right...harder...no, softer...can you do a kind of spiral motion...aaaaah, that\'s it...now along the spine...behind the ears...can you do my toes, too? Don\'t forget the shoulders...harder...MORE!!! MORE!!! Oh, HEAVEN!!! AAAAAAHHHHHH!!! :c9
  • Tanya MundyTanya Mundy boulderMember Posts: 763
    edited 29 May, 2008
    I don't like my mommy's pets. i like my daddy's pets. BUT MOMMY likes when my daddy pats her (mommys) back while she is laying on her tummy, and i crawl up onto her back to get daddy's pets That way, i massage mommy with my kneeds, while daddy pets me.
  • elizabeth wilkinsonelizabeth wilkinson LancasterMember Posts: 96
    edited 30 May, 2008
    I posted this topic for the benefit of both cats and humans. Relaxing is good for health and stroking and massaging helps us to relax and relieve tension. It is also I think a good idea to share techniques and swap ideas. Hope you find this thread relaxing.