I want to have babies!

13»

Comments

• Valerie DurhamValerie Durham Member Posts: 8,724
    edited 6 June, 2008
    Okayyy, Mommy. We understand. Garfield--that\'s normal behavior, and it\'s sort of just a \"Who\'s the alpha male?\" thing. But, oh well, end of this particular topic. Got that, everyone? :-#
    edited 6 June, 2008
    P.S. Thanks for the warning, Athena! :-h
  • terri echolsterri echols kalamazooMember Posts: 4,758
    edited 6 June, 2008
    yes, thanks athena!:-halways better to put on the brakes while the train is still on the track...:Dspeaking of the track, has anyone seen it? we\'ve wandered quite a ways from harvey\'s desire to be a mommy...though i did have a thought:-k: i remember that harvey was experiencing some masculinity issues after discovering that the NFC he had a crush on was a guy:-O...could the desire to become a mommy just be part and parcel of working this through?
    edited 9 June, 2008
    Let's face it. Harvey's a mess, psychologically-speaking. He doesn't know what he is, where he is, or why he is. He is too dense to be analyzed. The only solution would be to medicate him with Kitty Prozac until his eyeballs rolled back into his head, but drat, I'm not even 8 months old yet, and I haven't yet gotten any word from Harvard Med School about Early Admissions. Without that old M.D. degree, you can't just write a script for someone, ya know? As for his gender dyphoria episode and this newly discovered desire to be a "Mom," I'm not sure they're connected. The boy-crush was probably just Harvey's desire to define and refine his masculinity, both inside his own head and in the eyes of others. This mother thing could just be male envy of the female ability to give birth--let's face it, guys are SCARED of the fact that females are physiologically more complex than they are. This is the root cause of most patriarchal thought. Harvey is, in his own way, smart enough to realize that, while imitating macho Maine Coons in cat shows has its merits, in fact, becoming a woman would make him an even more superior being. Poor Harvey, he can't be all male, and he can't be a female, either. Hope this doesn't drive him back to that nasty catnip habit it took us so long to cure him of... Anyway, yes, we have wandered far from the original topic, but had we stuck with it, we would have ended by around comment 20. Hey, if they can have threads like "The Late Late Show" and "The Foreign Legion" that seem to consist entirely of comments like "(*stares moodily into his latte*)", we can do anything we want to with this thread! We've been moved out of the Kittens forum anyway (don't want to scare any pregnant mothers...har har). By the way, loved the bit about your hand being in the picture ("family member"!), and the mouse being a "former roommate." I am thinking of posting a photo of an excised body part (mine, and nothing obscene, although it does make quite a statement on a high resolution screen) and let people figure out what it is (prize for first person to guess correctly: a trophy for your gift box). ...And no, we still have A LOT MORE to say about Neuticles, but I'll leave that up to Harvey. I don't deal with anything that involves dogs, thank you very much. Post *Mr. Yuk emoticon* here
  • Annalisa Conserti-JonesAnnalisa Conserti-Jones Member Posts: 5,234
    edited 6 June, 2008
    Heh, if you asked me, I think the problem is that Harvey hangs out with you gals a little too much. His only male cat role model is Spot, but if he keeps his own company, then Harvey probably feels a bit shunned. :( At this rate I'll be a loner like your brother Spot. Mom keeps thinking she wants another cat, but I think she does not have it in her to go find one. I like my life, though. No one to tell me what a cat is supposed to do. I mean, I could read Proust or start barking at noises, and there would be no disapproving looks from anyone. My pawrents have never had a cat before, so they have no idea what a cat is supposed to be like. :-$
    edited 9 June, 2008
    you're onto something,chibi...womb envy. females do frighten males...my god, we bleed every month with no wound! (uh, can you say that on catster? well gee, why not? we'll see if it flies) life forms emerge from our bodies and are able to sustain themselves from something which our bodies produce! the gods themselves had such a case of womb envy, they finally started reproducing from their heads (ref: kronos of greek fame, for one) instead of making use of available goddesses or inseminating local humans with swans and seeds and pine needles and such. so tell harvey he's not alone. he's also beyond help, but he's not alone.|:|
  • TRACY YOUNGTRACY YOUNG New YorkMember Posts: 6,538
    edited 6 June, 2008
    Does fresh air really cure anything?
    edited 6 June, 2008
    Uh, Coco, I don\'t get your drift... are you trying to tell us something? I will tell you that this ROOM could use some fresh air, because the 3 am Maine Coon bomb fest just took place, and it\'s pretty ripe in here. *insert \"clothespin on nose Smiley\" emoticon*
    edited 6 June, 2008
    yes, coco...suffocation. if your airways are non-occluded, fresh air will cure suffocation anytime. (that is, assuming the process of suffocation has not progressed so far that the person is no longer breathing. at that point, it is useless...until the person has not been breathing for several days, at which point fresh air becomes useful to those in their vicinity.) does that help?:D
    edited 10 June, 2008
    Coco, daahling, take some advice from another girl, and don't get all offended, you hear? That picture of you snarling with all your fangs hanging out certainly makes a statement, but in conjunction with your puzzling post about "fresh air," one wonders if it might be a cry for help. ARE you breathing properly, dear? If not, should we call the Emergency Squad? Or summon someone who knows how to give Kitty CPR? Certainly HQ should be able to help... :-k
    edited 9 June, 2008
    And now we break for yet again another word from our sponsor, Neuticles--It\'s like nothing ever changed. :q To learn the doggy perspective on this revolutionary discovery, please see: http://www.resteddoginn.ca/dogneuticle.php You will be amused! :)
    edited 9 June, 2008
    you know, i can't help but wonder if neuticles would make good cat toys...unattached neuticles, that is. a cat could garner a certain cachet from owning a pair, no?:q just imagine the stories they could tell..."now, you should've seen the one that got away...":D
  • SterlingAndTheSTeamSterlingAndTheSTeam Mount OliveMember Posts: 41,262 ✭✭✭
    edited 9 June, 2008
    Hi,

We have closed this thread. Threads can be closed temporarily or permanently for a variety of reasons. Some of the most common reasons are: the thread has gone off topic; the thread is not in the 'spirit' of Catster; the thread is no longer fun, friendly or informational; the thread has been discussed at length in other threads; or we cannot provide adequate moderation at this time.

Please let HQ know if you have any questions.

HQ