This place is so COOL!!!

Darlene WagnerDarlene Wagner MilwaukeeMember Posts: 1,075
This place is sounds so cool-no kill, and you can see the cats are so loved! Check it out, and hopefully it will get the backing it needs! Sorry you will have to copy and paste-mommy doesn't know how to do it the other way. http://www.bestofyoutube.com/video.asp?videoid=1082

Comments

• edited 17 February, 2011
    I agree that place was so cool. I would love to visit. To bad I am to far away. ETA: I need to make a rule with myself. No reading comments. Quite a few said she was a crazy cat lady. Which she isn't. The animals were all socialized well (with dogs and humans) and they were all in wonerful health one person said they were going to report her for animal abuse just because she didn't mention giving them shots or flea and tick stuff, but in the video I didn't see any scratching except from the dogs. I need to stop reading comments for videos I think are great...
  • Darlene WagnerDarlene Wagner MilwaukeeMember Posts: 1,075
    edited 17 February, 2011
    Jeez-I can't believe people said that-the place looked so clean, and you could tell everyone was taken care of.
  • Brittany ReedBrittany Reed Des Moines, IAMember Posts: 133
    edited 17 February, 2011
    it's quite an amazing place. she is an inspiring woman! I wish i lived there. that's a dream of mine! If i ever came into any significant amount of money.... that would absolutly be my life. she is so amazing.
    edited 17 February, 2011
    Mommy said the same thing-it would be so cool!!!:c9
  • MaynrysMaynrys Member Posts: 172
    edited 17 February, 2011
    Thanks for sharing this link. I was pleased to read that most of the comments posted underneath the video were positive. As to the negative ones, it was evident that the people on the site who called her a \"crazy cat lady\" or who were going to \"report her\" did not bother to think about what was said in the video or to gather more information through a simple web search. It\'s a legitimate animal sanctuary whose mission includes spaying and neutering, that contains a special ward for FIV positive cats, that has a transitional area for new cats to the facility, etc. This isn\'t just someone took in a bunch of cats for the heck of it. This is a professional, non-profit organization that has taken a different approach (and a very cool one, I must say =; ) to animal rescue.
  • Heidi HessenHeidi Hessen Acworth/KennesawMember Posts: 975
    edited 17 February, 2011
    Loved that place!!! Mom wants to do the same kind of thing - turning away NO animal, and giving them a safe place to live. Mom says when peeples say "crazy cat lady" (which is how she is known in our 'hood) she takes it as a complement. The thing is tho, is that she is not just crazy about cats (although we do hold a very near and dear place in her heart - she says she has a heart full of kitties) she is crazy about all animals - yes even the coyoyotees that cruise thru the yard occasionally, and the skwerls that make such a racket!!! Last summer she saved some baby snakes from me and the naybore's kitty. Go figure! :-k Anyways......that place is awesom! Thank you very much for sharing! Peace love and purrs little mamma
    edited 17 February, 2011
    Your mommy sounds like my mommy!
  • Sarah_PinkSarah_Pink Chapel HillMember Posts: 153 ✭✭
    edited 17 February, 2011
    My mommy also refers to herself as a "crazy cat lady". There's a difference between us and the people who hoard and can't take care of the cats. Most people think of Mommy as a crazy cat lady since she's always thinking of what the best thing would be for us. What a wonderful organization. I'm definitely going to spread the word. :)
    edited 17 February, 2011
    Mommy spoils us, so everyone calls her a "crazy cat lady," but we don't care. Mommy said she wished that this place was closer, so she could go work there.