Cat Nips

Dina MigliaccioDina Migliaccio MadisonMember Posts: 8
edited 26 August, 2008 in Behavior & Training
My cat recently picked up the habit of using me as her own personal jungle gym and chew toy. She hops over my legs when I sit down to pet her, tries to find any way to curl up and rub on me, then she gets up and bites my arm! If I don\'t pull her away she\'ll bite my hand and try to tug at the skin. If I wear shorts she bites at my legs if I\'m standing. I\'m not quite sure what to make of this development because she\'s constantly standing on my lap to get closer to my face and sniff all around and shows she\'s happy to see me. Any kitty interpreters out there?

Comments

• A GA G LondonMember Posts: 18
    edited 26 August, 2008
    It's interesting you've posted that because our Snaffle does it too. He'll be perfectly calm and happy and then suddenly go nuts and consider everything in the room - including hands and feet - fair game for attack. He'll nip at them - gently, it's not a real bite - and smack at them with his paws. I'm more of less putting it down to him being an as-yet-unneutered (he's awaiting his first vet checkup at which I'll request the snip!) male kitten. If I blow in his face / gently tap him on the nose he backs off and looks perfectly innocent. I'm curious to hear about others' experiences now!
  • Thea PowellThea Powell Member Posts: 852
    edited 26 August, 2008
    You guys might want to read the post "do cats "love bite" out of affection or over excitment " It discusses this issue exactly.