Help! I Don\'t Use My Litterbox When I\'m Upset! :r

Shannon KleinerShannon Kleiner San DiegoMember Posts: 66
edited 22 August, 2008 in Behavior & Training
I'm by nature a very nervous cat. Whenever someone I don't know comes around or whenever there is lots of noise, I pee all over Mommy's clothes; she knows it's because my smell mixed with hers makes me feel better. I've been okay for the last couple of months... but we moved this week! It's been very stressful for me, even though Mommy kept me in the bathroom with my brother for a few days and let me explore the new apartment very slowly. Mommy and Daddy have kept all their clothes off the floor, so I couldn't do anything in them; but I found a way to relieve my stress by peeing on the couch and on some boxes they hadn't unpacked yet. I even pooed on one! And some of what I did leaked onto the new carpet. Mommy and Daddy are extremely upset. They do what they can by keeping my litter box pristine and comforting me constantly, but nothing they try seems to work. They love me very much and don't want to give me up, but I've heard them talking about it, because they say they "can't live like this anymore". What can they do to make me feel better and stop doing my business all over their stuff?