I was a good boy at the dentist\\\'s today, too!

Valerie DurhamValerie Durham Member Posts: 8,724
edited 30 August, 2008 in Cat Health
Meowmy thought my gums were awfully inflamed-looking, so she took me to the cat dentist, who said that I don't have any icky diseases like herpes or calicivirus in my mouth, and that it's most likely just a reaction to shedding my baby teeth. Meowmy and I were SO relieved--who wants to be a toothless kitten? But I think Meowmy may be a hypochondriac... Dr. Dentist said that I'm going to be a big boy when I grow up! Then I can beat up Harvey and put him in his place! :D These are just my baby teeth, but they are PRISTINE.

Comments

• Stephanie NikolaiStephanie Nikolai Member Posts: 355
    edited 29 August, 2008
    Looks like someone might have found a pretty awesome forever home! You are such an handsome and healthy boy! Don't beat up those Maine Coons too much!
  • Lynzee HickmanLynzee Hickman LoogooteeMember Posts: 113
    edited 29 August, 2008
    I'm glad that your teeth and gums are healthy. And good job on being such a good boy for the dentist =; .
  • terri echolsterri echols kalamazooMember Posts: 4,758
    edited 29 August, 2008
    anyone know if there\'s anything you can rub on their little gums to ease the irritation? i know clove oil is good for humans, but is that good for cats? and herbie: do you have chewy toys & chewy treats? if so, are you chewing them and not meowmy? (or, if you took the kaya skye teething route: the scratching post, which looked peculiar. or, the shyloh paige route: shredding cardboard, which made us wonder if she was really a gerbil in disguise but at least gave her fibre in her diet...)
  • Valerie DurhamValerie Durham Member Posts: 8,724
    edited 29 August, 2008
    I want to chew on Harvey! He calls me names and hisses at me! ::o
  • Jenna LuskJenna Lusk Pacific NWMember Posts: 2,034
    edited 30 August, 2008
    I love your name and think you may have found a forever home, too!
  • Annalisa Conserti-JonesAnnalisa Conserti-Jones Member Posts: 5,234
    edited 30 August, 2008
    Sure he does, ... if my meowmy does not track down his meowmy and steal him away. We think she's in love. We're going to have to be watching her closely now (dad too). :-$