Dear Catster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Catster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Catster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Catster magazine, www.catster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found elsewhere within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Catster

Kitties, this is how your wake up your mommy or daddy in the morning

Lisa DausmanLisa Dausman Member Posts: 5,216
edited 27 September, 2008 in Kitten Corner
This is how I wake up my mommy in the morning, to feed me. Altho my last resort, is to pull her hair with my paws, it always works! Enjoy http://harpo75.multiply.com/video/item/3/catwake-up.wmv

Comments

• Thea PowellThea Powell Member Posts: 852
    edited 31 August, 2008
    That is sooooooo cute bumpuurr!!!!!!!!!!!!! I usually meow from about 6 a.m. but mommy ignor's me she is trying to teach me a rutine of 7a.m. wake ups. If she doesn't listen and i really want her attention I go on her vanity or side table and start throughing things of the louder the crash the happier I am. I usually get ignored but the first meow from Gosmot gets an immediate response no matter how earlier. I just don't get it:? Mom insists it's because he so rarely meows that it must be urgent. Forest just sits back and lets us do all the work.:?
  • Leanne FroebelLeanne Froebel Member Posts: 1,730
    edited 31 August, 2008
    So funny! I can be a pest when I think Mom should be up too! I keep walking all over her, nudging and licking her hands til she pets me! Years ago when Mom was going to college, Mickey didn't understand the concept of Christmas break and all worried because Mom was sleeping in. He was right in her face when she opened her eyes to make sure she was okay!
  • Tiffany CarsonTiffany Carson St. MarysMember Posts: 15,800
    edited 1 September, 2008
    I'd wake my human up at 5 o'clock in the morning when I was a wee little kitten.:))
  • janice lancasterjanice lancaster temple gaMember Posts: 2,505
    edited 1 September, 2008
    Go to www.youtube.com/user/simonscat and watch the 2 other cartoons in this series, if you want another giggle! One involves watching TV and one is about getting to come inside :))
  • SterlingAndTheSTeamSterlingAndTheSTeam Mount OliveMember Posts: 41,262 ✭✭✭
    edited 3 September, 2008
    We love Simon!!! :))=D>
  • Katherine TildesKatherine Tildes Member Posts: 234
    edited 7 September, 2008
    the kitten, Kali, likes to wake me up by jumping on my feet and biting my toes....sigh
  • Catherine MarinoCatherine Marino UrbannaMember Posts: 180
    edited 12 September, 2008
    I used to wake my mama up at 2 am so that she could watch me eat. I thought i was pretty hot stuff because i would pester her until she got up and then i would trot into the kitchen and chow down. Then she started keeping a spray bottle on her bedside table. I was not amused! When i really wanted to get her up i would start by running my foot up and down the blinds at least until mom got smart a raised them up enough that i couldn\'t reach. Then i would fuss at her and when that didn\'t work i would sit my 20 pound butt down on her bladder. ha ha, that really got her moving.
  • Christina SampsonChristina Sampson BostonMember Posts: 37
    edited 24 September, 2008
    I like to run and jump up on Mommy on the bed. If that doesn't do it I play with the bed mice (Mommy's feet under the blankets). If that doesn't work I start knocking things over. And I've done the bladder trick too. If I keep stepping on Mommy's belly she will get up. My big brother works with me on all this. But sometimes it backfires and she just closes the bedroom door!
  • Nadine FureyNadine Furey Brooklyn ParkMember Posts: 16
    edited 25 September, 2008
    I love to rub all over mommy and daddy's faces. If they don't pet me or get up, then I sit on one of their faces. No matter how many times they toss me off the bed, I keep coming back! And I have the upper hand because mommy decided that the litterbox belongs in the bedroom! But... they have figured out ways to get away from me. Daddy just hides under the blankets until I go away... oh well, he doesn't even feed me anyway! Mommy will push me away, but if I don't listen she will hiss at me...then I get confused and back off. Mommy does always feed me in the morning, when SHE decides to get up! (we have the hard food...just need our daily soft stuff!)
  • Seesha smithSeesha smith Member Posts: 43
    edited 27 September, 2008
    I just sit on Mommies head and eat her hair. That makes her really mad. Plus she isn't the best at running after me right after waking up so I enjoy watching her trip and face plant when I really make her mad.