End of summer fish fry and picnic

12346»

Comments

• Sally GottliebsonSally Gottliebson ColumbusMember Posts: 14,833
    edited 21 September, 2008
    Mom has this thing she calls a catwalk in the back yard. It is a plce where kitties can go outside and still be safely enclosed. When I was a kitten a couple of boys in the neighborhood put me into the cat walk and that is where mom found me. First she thought I was a girl and named me Morgan le Fey, but soon she discovered I was a boy and changed my name to John Hunt Morgan. That was a bit over 2 years ago.
  • Vicki McMinnVicki McMinn Hamilton, OhioMember Posts: 57,545
    You are SO right, Joe. That was not a good decision by the state at all. Amboy, do you still at least get to visit the nursing home? I'm glad one of the nice workers adopted you.
  • Carol MochanCarol Mochan FordsMember Posts: 18,715
    Joe Gray through friends I hear the residents really miss me.I lived there or over six years.
    I was also born to probably the same feral mom as Indy, but 2 years later. Mom started talking to me when I was pretty small. I was afraid at first. But soon I started eating the food she put on the porch and came to trust her. then I got lucky enough to come inside the house to live. That was about a year ago.
    That last post was for Amboy mom pressed the wrong key.
    Amboy, I am certain that they missed you. There are specially trained animals, both dogs and cats, that go to visit nursing homes regularly.
    MOL, amboy, my mom often does the same thing.
    I was at a shelter when my mom found me. She was looking for a playmate for Ciao-Li; actually I was a Christmas present for him. I got adopted on December 22. My name at the shelter was Chanel and the sign on my cage said I had a lot of energy, and that's what she wanted for Ciao so we could have fun playing. I have to confess, though, when I first got home, I'd thought I was going to be the only kee-kat and didn't really appreciate the fact that he was in MY house! :n:
    Katie how did you come to live with your family.
    Guess I am the last to tell how I came to my home. I was fully grown when mom first saw me. I would not come too close to her or anyone else. she knew she had to make me trust her, because my tail was in very bad shape. Most of it had actually died and shriveled up...just skin over bone. I started eating the food she put out and made up with her pretty quickly. She then took me to a doctor who performed a tailectomy on me. My tail is not only about an inch or so long, but it is healthy. I actually still live outdoors, but mom's is my home.
    This is so nice swapping stories like this.
    Its a great way to get acquainted.
    I am sad Cherish has not shown up. Her mom must have gotten busy.
    Morgan this was a very nice gettogether.But I,ll have too leave soon as I,m about to lose my typist going to bingo.
    I am having a really good time. How about you, Weezer?
    I have to go now.Katie I,ll pawmail you.I had a great time with good friends.
    I understand Pumpkin. It has been fun, but maybe we should call it a day. I will pmail soon. Everyone....lets plan on meeting on the cruise ship if at all possible.
    Well, Amboy, my story is kind of complicated. I was rescued too, from the cold outdoors and named for model Kate Moss because I was so thin. Then the one who rescued me couldn't keep me anymore, so I went to her mom (the Nana), and after the Babaw died she had to move and couldn't keep me anymore, so I went to her other daughter, who is my furever mom. Whew! Now my other aunt is the one who manages may catster page, cuz my mom doesn't have a computer.
    I,m sorry but I have to leave also.Morgan I,ll pawmail you.This was great maybe we can all do it again.:-h
    Weezer, I will pmail you, too. Bye everyone:-h:-h:-h
    Guess I will fly back up to the bridge. it was great food and even better company.|/a/||/a/||/a/|
    Bye, Amboy. :r I've had a great time! Bye, everyone! This was so much fun! |:|
    bye, nice to have met you all:-h:-h
    Goodbye, everyone! Sorry again about the duplicate posts and slowness. What a day, of all days, for the computer to be messing up! :-/ Ok, Joe, I will talk to you soon. Goodbye, everyone! |:|
  • Lori OlsenLori Olsen WilliamsportMember Posts: 1,109
    Oh my we missed it because of our mommy..... Now I am meowy mad.....
12346»