Human Soap

Anne DourasAnne Douras Member Posts: 1
edited 8 December, 2008 in Grooming
Charlie just had incident where his poop ended up all over the couch, and him. I had to give him a bath but I essentially had to choose between my own body wash and $1 dish detergent, so I pick the stuff I use on myself. I now understand that kitties have a different pH balance, so I'm concerned that he's going to have a reaction...or all of his hair will come out...or his skin will fall off. Can somebody tell me what happens next?

Comments

• Beastie_and_the_BoysBeastie_and_the_Boys Marquette, MI / ChicagoMember Posts: 17,806 ✭✭✭
    edited 23 October, 2008
    Probably nothing, as long as you didn't get it in his eyes. :?
  • Chrysee HinshawChrysee Hinshaw Member Posts: 474
    edited 23 October, 2008
    lol you should have used the dish soap. But I doubt the cat will suffer any ill effects from your soap. In the future, use a kitten soap or a gentle dish soap like Dawn. Always make sure to rinse -very- thoroughly.
  • Lisa DausmanLisa Dausman Member Posts: 5,216
    edited 8 December, 2008
    You can use unscented baby wipes, to clean butts, read this in Cat Fancy, and most show people use them, for accidents. If you use Dawn, it should be used diluted, as it can dry our their fur and skin, and as Artus said, rinse, rinse, rinse, and rinse some more. I start show kittens on Suave Baby shampoo. :) :) :)