This is Muffin, mom wants to know something

Jeannette SarraJeannette Sarra Lake TahoeMember Posts: 27
edited 14 November, 2008 in Food & Nutrition
Dad has been feeding me lots of little salad shrimp , and mom says I am not eating enough nutients. How much should Dad be feeding me. I love it and can be a pest if I don't get some everyday! Crazy Muffin Cat

Comments

• Faye DufourFaye Dufour Destrehan, LA/New Orleans areaMember Posts: 4,648
    edited 11 November, 2008
    Muffin: Do you eat wet and dry cat food every day? This is the best way to get the proper balance in your diet. A treat of some sort is nice, but may cause health problems if you eat this every day. Salad shrimp may contain large amounts of salt, etc. Take care, Louis Armstrong, Emma Barrett, Benny Grunch, Pete Fountain and Charmaine Neville
  • Sherry StoneSherry Stone Member Posts: 526
    edited 11 November, 2008
    Maybe you could convince your dad that you only need one shrimp a day, as a special treat. More than that could cause you health problems, especially if it's interfering in how much you eat otherwise!
  • Stephanie DejanStephanie Dejan Des PlainesMember Posts: 4,239
    edited 14 November, 2008
    If the shrimp has not been enhanced with flavors or salt or whatever, I don't see the harm. In fact, it's a great food for them. Cats are carnivores and love seafood. I looked up the nutrient content of shrimp and it provides the following: "This food is low in Saturated Fat. It is also a good source of Niacin, Iron, Phosphorus and Zinc, and a very good source of Protein, Vitamin B12 and Selenium." Just be sure there are no additives. Probably a hugely better treat than anything in the pet stores!