I loveeeee those tiny shrimp

Jeannette SarraJeannette Sarra Lake TahoeMember Posts: 27
edited 23 November, 2008 in Food & Nutrition
Mom is afraid that if that is all I eat, I will get sick, but I would really like it if I could have a whole bunch 3 times a day. Is there anywhere that states if a cat can be healthy eating mostly shrimp? I am peeing more, but there is a lot of water in shrimp , mom thinks . Anyone know for sure?

Comments

• Sherry StoneSherry Stone Member Posts: 526
    edited 23 November, 2008
    To make sure you get all the nutrients you need, you have to have much more variety in your diet. The more varied, the better! Do you eat kibbles, canned, or raw? What worries me about eating mostly shrimp, I don't know about the taurine levels, and you definitely need enough of that, as well as calcium, and a number of other vitamins and minerals.
  • Shelley CoxShelley Cox CarbondaleMember Posts: 2,752
    edited 23 November, 2008
    This is Delyte. I LOVE shrimp and would do anything for them. But you have to be careful with people food that they have not added salt to them, which is very bad for us, and of course you cannot live on seafood because of the taurine problem. Have your person check to see if there is added sodium or anything added to them.