Not chewing dry food

Stephanie JohnsonStephanie Johnson Member Posts: 556
edited 23 November, 2008 in Food & Nutrition
Isabelle hasn\'t really ever been a big cruncher with her dry food, but I do recall at least a little munching in her earlier years. Lately (actually probably 1-2 years), when she throws up shortly after eating I notice her food is perfectly whole (gross, I know). She has had quite a few teeth extracted, but the vet didn\'t seem to think she\'d have a problem eating. And she can certainly get it in her mouth, she\'s just not chewing. Is that OK? :-k I know wet would be better for her anyway, and she does eat some wet, but not all (she won\'t touch the decent wet stuff, and I don\'t want her eating all junk). Just wondering if there\'s reason to worry about the not chewing (harder to digest, not releasing nutrients, etc.) :?

Comments

• Kara DickmanKara Dickman Middle of No WhereMember Posts: 2,283 ✭✭
    edited 23 November, 2008
    Most cats don't chew dry food. They just swallow it whole ::o. I would not be to worried. I am raw fed so I am no big help on wet food .:?