Eye boogers!

Haley ReiboldHaley Reibold Pittsburgh, PAMember Posts: 2
edited 4 January, 2009 in Grooming
Hi everyone! My name is Maddie. My BFF Sophie and I are new members, so forgive me if this topic has already been covered! My mom's been getting kinda worried cause I always seem to have eye boogies. :( Sometimes Her and Dad have to wipe them a few times a day to make me look pretty again. Its not anything too crazy, no other symptoms, just more of a nuisance than anything. Anyone else ever have this problem?!

Comments

• Angela ClarkAngela Clark Fort SmithMember Posts: 15,094
    edited 28 November, 2008
    Hi Maddie! It's great to meet you. I have eye boogies too. I don't have them everyday but during different times of years they are worse than others. My vet said as long as the boogies are brown and dry there is nothing to worry about. Even if they are moist once in a while, they are fine as long as it isn't every day or it isn't consistently green.
  • ZACKandZOEYZACKandZOEY Cave Creek, AZMember Posts: 12,043 ✭✭
    edited 29 November, 2008
    :-h Hi Sophie and Maddie!! Welcome to Catster!! I agree with everything Marina said because my Vet said the same thing. I will get eye boogies every once in awhile but end up cleaning them away by myself. |:|
  • Haley ReiboldHaley Reibold Pittsburgh, PAMember Posts: 2
    edited 30 November, 2008
    Thanks guys! I was starting to think it was just me!! My mommy and daddy took me to the vet yesterday for my shots and the doc said the same thing.. I feel alot better now :):c9
  • Kathy MillerKathy Miller O'FallonMember Posts: 5,315 ✭✭
    edited 30 November, 2008
    My problem is they stain my white fur! Anycat have an idea for cleaning my fur? I can't get it off by myself. We tried some wipes designed for that, but they didn't work. :-/
  • Lisa DausmanLisa Dausman Member Posts: 5,216
    edited 9 December, 2008
    Allie, go to the CFA (Cat Fanciers Association) website, then click on Breeds, then click on Persians. I couldn't pull up the site tonight. Persians are prone to runny eyes, because of the build of their faces, and they come in white. For a show, they cannot have stained faces, so if you search the site for Persians, it says something about the care of Persians. Or if that doesn't give you an anser, click on breeders, and find one that shows, they would be glad to tell you how they keep their faces from being stained. I know they do use eye wipes, and one brand might work better than another. Hope this helps. :) :) :)
  • Valerie DurhamValerie Durham Member Posts: 8,724
    edited 4 January, 2009
    When my kittens started getting the occasional eye booger, I was afraid they might have a URI, but then it occurred to me that even humans get eye boogers (which we often call \"sleep\"). Since the kittens aren\'t showing any other URI signs, I think that all is well.