Pepper has tape worms! Yuuuck

edited 17 December, 2008 in Cat Health
I got a look at Peppers poop tonight and it was loaded with tape worms. My Vet is only at night, but it's still hard for me to get there after as I take the bus everywhere. I've heard the over the counter tape worm stuff work, but is there one you can suggest that might be sufficient? Also my b/f said I should worm all of them seeing as they all share the same cat box. I think this is right, but info would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Sherry StoneSherry Stone Member Posts: 526
    edited 16 December, 2008
    As difficult as it may be, and believe me, I do understand, I'd be talking to the vet at least, and trying to get meds prescribed. To the best of my knowledge(and I could easily be wrong) over the counter are better as a preventative than anything else.
  • Sharon MurphySharon Murphy SurreyMember Posts: 1,652
    edited 17 December, 2008
    When Sammie had tapeworms when I first adopted her, all I did was bring in a sample of the bits of worms I found on the fur around her bum. She was really fluffy in that area, so I brushed her there and got the tape worm pieces, as well. They looked like little rice grains...ew. Anyway, this was enough for the vet to give me meds for Sammie - I didn't have to bring her in. This might be easier for you if your vet is fine with it. I would try this before trying the over-the-counter meds.