Trouble Maker!

Natalie ShampayNatalie Shampay ConcordMember Posts: 79
edited 24 December, 2008 in Behavior & Training
I'm Riley! I like PLAYING! But when I attack the creepy creatures in the Christmas Tree...Mommy gets upset. I like Water. Spray bottles don't bother me! She tried spraying this orangey smelling spray around the tree, And it smelled yummy. I've gotten into my presents for Christmas 3 times. Any kittens like me out there who know how to make mommy proud of me?

Comments

• Stephanie DejanStephanie Dejan Des PlainesMember Posts: 4,239
    edited 18 December, 2008
    Riley, you're adorable!! And it'll only be this Christmas (well, maybe next) that you're so entranced by the tree. For now Mom can put the ornaments up high and leave off any glass ones. Put a cord protector around the base of the lights. She may want to put some safe decorations, like shoelaces, on the bottom so you can play without getting hurt or breaking something. And tell her to take LOTS of pictures and movies if possible, because believe it or not, she will miss your antics when you grow up! My humom's niece was stationed in Okanawa and got two kittens. She sent her mom a frantic letter begging for cloth or plastic ornaments because the kittens were getting into the good ones!
  • Allison Tuthill GaulAllison Tuthill Gaul Virginia Beach, VAMember Posts: 168
    edited 21 December, 2008
    We didn't decorate last year or this year. Kali, as I've mentioned elsewhere, is a mountain climber cat. She'd climb the tree for sure, knock it over, break something, and eat it. The best case scenario would be an uber expensive trip to the emergency vet. The worst case scenario would be to come home and find her lying there. I just don't want to risk it until she gets older. Tiger, who is much smarter, never tries to eat anything inedible, or at most will pick up a piece of debris off the floor, look at it, smell it, lick it, but never eats it. Kali has eaten rubber bands and string. She fortunately threw up the rubber band. Her daddy had to pull the string out of her throat. So no thinks to decorations until she's older. We love our little snuggle butt, but sometimes she turns from Dr. Snuggle Butt to Mrs. C*** cat. Then we put her in time out until she chills out. No, definitely a crazy cat plus decorations is a recipe for disaster. Allison
  • Natalie ShampayNatalie Shampay ConcordMember Posts: 79
    edited 23 December, 2008
    I don't know if Riley will ever stop. He's full of Suprises. Litteraly.
  • Allison Tuthill GaulAllison Tuthill Gaul Virginia Beach, VAMember Posts: 168
    edited 24 December, 2008
    We think it will take several years for Kali to stop. The string incident was just a few weeks ago. Daddy thought he would lay string all over the house for kitties to play with. Tiger and Kali had a great time until Kali ingested a huge amount of string and had it hanging from her mouth. Daddy had to pull it all out. Evidently she looked pretty pitiful. Kali is not very upset by water, either. Tiger hates it, but Kali is impervious. Then again she is named for the Indian goddess of death and destruction, so impervious would go with the territory.