6 month old kitten gets poo stuck and drags it

Lynn LivLynn Liv Member Posts: 10
edited 24 December, 2008 in Behavior & Training
Tiger has long hair and this is perhaps his 4th time he has gotten poo stuck in his hair and dragged it on my beige rug? Is it the food, or the long hair? We just trimmed it up down there hope that helps, but any ideas why this happens? Thanks

Comments

• MaynrysMaynrys Member Posts: 172
    edited 19 December, 2008
    If his poo is normal looking and with normal frequency, it\'s probably just the hair. Some kitty at our house (sshhh! don\'t tell anyone, but it\'s me :-$ ) occasionally gets poo-pellets stuck in her fur around her bum and lets them drop where they may. Shaving or cutting the fur around the guilty bum helps. My sister Caly has only had this happen once, but she whipped herself up the stairs, across the kitchen, and onto the area rug in the office before Mommy noticed her and pinned her down to clean it off. If you are concerned that his poo is not normal, call your vet. She might be able to ease your worries or have kitty come in for a check-up.
  • Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    edited 19 December, 2008
    Maynrys is right. If he\'s having a lot of trouble with that sort of thing, his poo may be unusually sticky or soft and that\'s usually the fault of the diet. I keep wet wipes in the bathroom and use them to clean my cats\' bums although it\'s usually only Delilah or Lily who has that problem with what someone else on the Forum called \"klingons\". :)) If your cat\'s not a \"show cat\", there\'s no reason why your vet, groomer or even you and someone to hold him still can\'t clip the fur around the \"poop chute\". He won\'t mind. Check his litter box to see if what remains in there looks soft and sticky.
  • Anastasia OBrienAnastasia OBrien Member Posts: 15
    edited 19 December, 2008
    This happens to Sylvester all of the time...if you trim/shave the fur it should prevent it.
  • Lynn LivLynn Liv Member Posts: 10
    edited 21 December, 2008
    All trimmed up. Thanks. I think thats the problem.
  • Ernest KwanErnest Kwan WinnipegMember Posts: 8
    edited 24 December, 2008
    Gotta hate them **** nuggets!