First Big Move...I am scared

Rachel JacksonRachel Jackson OcalaMember Posts: 5
edited 27 December, 2008 in Behavior & Training
Hi everyone..So my mommy is moving to Mass. to go to college at Harvard and I get to go to. But I have a few problems I get really really scared. Does anyone have any suggestions, or pointers for my mom so that she can make the move less stressful for me and her. MEOW :)

Comments

• Kara DickmanKara Dickman Middle of No WhereMember Posts: 2,283 ✭✭
    edited 24 December, 2008
    Congratulations to your Mommy! Comfort items and lots of them.These can be toys, blankets and even your Mommy's clothes. Put them in the carrier with you. We you get to your new home make sure there are things that are familiar to you there!
  • Anastasia OBrienAnastasia OBrien Member Posts: 15
    edited 26 December, 2008
    Also, tell your mommie to not overwhelm you with everything at once...she should first let you get used to your new bedroom, then your new apartment, then any new friends that you may be living with...that's what my mom did and I adjusted pretty well. The important thing is that you get to stay with her!
  • Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    edited 27 December, 2008
    I don\'t want to alarm your meowmie, but she may want to make sure you are micro-chipped before you move just in case you forget something back home and want to trek back to get it. Good luck!