What is it about the phone

Toni VToni V Member Posts: 177
edited 28 December, 2008 in Behavior & Training
Over the past few months, almost every time I hear the phone ring, I run to my mommy and have to sit in her lap while she talks. At first it was only when she talked to her sister, but now almost every time the phone rings, I have to be part of the conversation. Anyone else do this?

Comments

• Annalisa Conserti-JonesAnnalisa Conserti-Jones Member Posts: 5,234
    edited 28 December, 2008
    We actually fear the phone. Well, I run away. Boris, on the other hand, takes mommy talking on the phone personally, that is, he decides that mom should pay attention to her and not the phone, and starts headbutting her. Maybe Milo hears your voice on the phone and decides it's your happy voice and wants to be around for that (mom's pitch goes up when she talks to family, that's usually when Boris decides he wants attention). Or maybe your mom has reinforced Milo's behavior by providing that extra attention, and now Milo thinks "phone=mommy loves on me". As long as Milo doesn't make being on the phone hard, I wouldn't worry about it.
  • Toni VToni V Member Posts: 177
    edited 28 December, 2008
    No, it's actually a perfect time for one-on-one time which he NEVER gets otherwise (MOL). It's just so cute.
  • Stephanie JohnsonStephanie Johnson Member Posts: 556
    edited 28 December, 2008
    Isabelle thinks I\'m talking to her when I\'m on the phone, so she gives me leg rubs and purrs, wondering why I\'m just talking and not playing!! :))
  • Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    edited 28 December, 2008
    This is what\'s so great about cats. My Husky/Shepherd has decided that whenever I talk on the phone she needs to be part of the conversation. :q