Neuter problems

Emily LangEmily Lang Member Posts: 8
edited 30 December, 2008 in Cat Health
Has anyone ever had a problem with their males neutering? Racer is 6 mo. went in with 2 but they sent him home with only one removed.. the other disapeared...:-O:-O

Comments

• Beastie_and_the_BoysBeastie_and_the_Boys Marquette, MI / ChicagoMember Posts: 17,806 ✭✭✭
    edited 29 December, 2008
    They take both testicles in a neutering procedure.
  • Emily LangEmily Lang Member Posts: 8
    edited 29 December, 2008
    Ahh...but they did not! both were present on their exam but when the surgery procided only one was located
  • Tara WTara W St. PaulMember Posts: 939
    edited 29 December, 2008
    Are you saying that one is undescended?
  • Beastie_and_the_BoysBeastie_and_the_Boys Marquette, MI / ChicagoMember Posts: 17,806 ✭✭✭
    edited 30 December, 2008
    Ben, you silly goof!:n: Ben had one testicle that hadn't descended when he was neutered. That fact was apparent when the vet examined him pre-surgery, though. If a cat is monorchid or cryptorchid, they generally remove the undescended testicles through an incision in the abdomen.
  • edited 30 December, 2008
    When Behr was neutered I noticed that his lower abdomen had an incision in it. The vet said it was because he one of his testicles had not descended. Does your cat have a little incision on his tummy? I'd be going back if they only cut one. My thinking is he could still get someone pregnant.
  • Emily LangEmily Lang Member Posts: 8
    edited 30 December, 2008
    He had two when I took him in..and he had two when the vet examened him prior to removel surgery...they only found one when the surgery was in progress..yes they did a search via a incision in his lower abdomen..was not found. and we did not even get a half price deal...