cause for a young cat to be so sleepy

Linda OBrienLinda OBrien Citrus Heights/citrus heightsMember Posts: 8,981
edited 30 December, 2008 in Cat Health
My new cat sister Nikita is very sleepy. She spends a lot of time sleeping. I am curious is this normal. My previous cat sister Sophie was always up for a good game of playing strings, chase, and other games. Nikita will play for a short period of time. Do you think this is normal? Could she be sick? Could she be low in iron? I kind of worried about her Lucy

Comments

• SterlingAndTheSTeamSterlingAndTheSTeam Mount OliveMember Posts: 41,262 ✭✭✭
    edited 29 December, 2008
    It's always good to have your vet give Nikita a checkup just to set your mind at ease. When Apollo was a kitten, he always slept much more than is sister, Athena. I had my vet check Apollo over and everything was fine. He said even being littermates, they didn't have to act alike or have the same metabolism. Well, 15 years later, Apollo still sleeps twice as much as Athena. :?:))
  • Lisa DausmanLisa Dausman Member Posts: 5,216
    edited 30 December, 2008
    I agree with Apollo, take the kitten to the vet and ask for blood work, to make sure all levels are normal, and ask the vet to check his heart. Each cat has different levels of activity, but for the most part, kittens are pretty active. Best to check it out now, if there is a prob, the sooner it is diagnosed, the quicker they can treat it. :):):):):):):D:D:D:D:D:):):):):)