Kono thinks he\'s a dog

Elspeth FroemkeElspeth Froemke Grand ForksMember Posts: 38
edited 19 January, 2009 in Behavior & Training
Both my cats play with the dogs but kono takes it a bit farther. Any time I call my dogs to eat they all come running including Kono (whom I never feed with the dog they have a diff. feeding time). When I let the dogs out to go out side Kono trys to go too and when we are eating even kono is begging for food. He will eat anything the dogs are eating at the time but if I try to feed him the same thing later by himself he wont touch it. Just kind of funny.

Comments

• Jp HensonJp Henson BethanyMember Posts: 4
    edited 9 January, 2009
    Our female cat Indy thinks she is a dog......at least sometimes she does. Whenever she gets mad at our other cat she makes a low pitched wwwwwwwwwwwooof sound. Ive never heard a cat do this, especially since shes never been around a dog.
  • Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    edited 9 January, 2009
    Izzie 100% absolutely thinks he\'s a dog. When someone comes to the door, he\'s right there in front of the dogs and I totally expect that one day he\'ll start barking right along with them! But, we have a Springer Spaniel who thinks she\'s a cat, so it all works out. Izzie also eats out of the dog\'s bowl. There\'s a pic of it on his page someplace. :^:|$|
  • Jill LarsenJill Larsen Member Posts: 76
    edited 9 January, 2009
    I think I am a dog too. I won't potty in the house. I sit at the door and stare at my mom to let me out. I can usually wait till the dogs go out then I just follow along and do my duty and then head for the door cause it's cold out :D
  • Sara KangSara Kang Member Posts: 403
    edited 10 January, 2009
    I have some dog like qualities too! Either that, or I just really LOVE Bella, my favorite dog. As they say, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery! MOL I bring Bella's toys so we can play fetch (they are half my size, mind you), I toss her toys in the air, and bite/wrestle them, and I even use Bella's wee wee pads (instead of my litterbox, much to my pawrents' chagrin). I get scared when people come over, and vanish like yesterday's wind, however...
  • JL GrummerJL Grummer Member Posts: 24
    edited 10 January, 2009
    You got a gem of a cat...This cat is trainable and bonded to the owner. Although, you just use the euphemism with the 'dog' comment. Cats are just that cats. They domesticated themselves for protection. They are smart and can easily understand english. The cat can be quicker to train and smarter than a dog can be because of the intelligence level of a cat. ...Kudos...
  • Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    edited 12 January, 2009
    Well, some people will probably disagree that cats can be quicker or easier to train than a dog, \'cause with MY cats, at least, they don\'t do anything they don\'t want to and when they do something, it\'s because THEY decided that THEY wanted to and the HECK with what I wanted them to do... In Izzie\'s case, he goes along with what the dogs do because they seem to have so much more fun doing it. Tossing the garbage can in the kitchen is one thing that is SOOOOOO much fun that Izzie LOVES to join in with. Just this morning, Izzie couldn\'t find Lily Rose to curl up with and it\'s cold here in Cleveland, Ohio. So, next best thing, as I sit here on the computer, Izzie is curled up right against my Shepherd Husky Dobie mix, Jessie. Both are sound asleep. |:|
  • Elspeth FroemkeElspeth Froemke Grand ForksMember Posts: 38
    edited 19 January, 2009
    I think my cats are very smart but they do what they want with little consideration for others. I have trained my cats, my rat and my dogs and I personally think my cats are not quicker to train then my dogs. Dogs are quicker because the want to please you while cats are not to intrested in learning new tricks. Not say they can't but they rather not. the bond is not so much with me as the dogs.