Breed Book

Danielle ThompsonDanielle Thompson Upper DarbyMember Posts: 11
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could recommend an up to date breed book. I was playing the photo game and I noticed there are many breeds I've never heard of such as the nebelung! I don't have pure breed cats, but I love the encyclopedia of cats so I can read about all the breeds so I was hoping for a book that has all the newer breeds. I went to amazon.com and I couldn't really find what I was looking for. Thank you! Danielle :) :) :)

Comments

• Leanne FroebelLeanne Froebel Member Posts: 1,730
    edited 14 January, 2009
    The Cat Fanciers Association Complete Cat Book is very good. I think you can find it on Amazon.com other wise you can order it off the CFA website: www.cfa.org (also good breed info and pictures on their website). Remember, there are several associations and not every breed is recognized by them all. CFA is probably the biggest association and there is also The International Cat Association (TICA), the American Cat Fancier\'s Association (ACFA), the Canadian Cat Association (CCA), and Cat Fancier\'s Federation (CFF). There are many smaller less known associations too. It is usually a long difficult process to get a breed recognized in an association. Also, CFA will not recognize any breeds with wild cat blood (Bengals, Savannahs), or any breed with a mutation considered unhealthy (Munchkins). CFA currently recognizes 39 different breeds of cats.