Dear Catster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Catster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Catster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Catster magazine, www.catster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found elsewhere within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Catster

Poll: What\\\'s your pawrent like?

Stephanie JohnsonStephanie Johnson Member Posts: 556
edited 24 January, 2009 in Behavior & Training
Is your pawrent a male or female (pure curiosity, that\'s all - wondering how the genders are represented here)? What I\'m really interested in is if your personality matches your cat (or the other way around)!! You know how the saying goes \"pets resemble their owners\"? Well I wonder if this goes for personality, too! :D Me, well, yeah, I am a lot like Isabelle. We both get bored easily, have irritable tendencies, love most foods but have texture issues, and can only put up with just *so* much attention, lol!! :))

Comments

• Thea PowellThea Powell Member Posts: 852
    edited 20 January, 2009
    Female Because there are three of us and we are all so different we can't say we resemble mom at all. But she loves us for our different major qualities. Desert - the trouble maker attention seeker Forest - the baby the cuddle bug Gosmot - the oldest calmest coolest and when he gets hyper the funniest
  • Cathy AudorffCathy Audorff Janesville, WisMember Posts: 3,812 ✭✭
    edited 21 January, 2009
    Our pawrent is our Mommie. There are three of us, and we are all a bit different too. Bella: I am a quiet kittie, I love to cuddle and I like to be in charge. Mufasa: He is noisy! He is very athletic, climbs and jumps a lot and gets into trouble. But he is mellowing as he gets a little older Little Coqui: She is very inquisitive, likes to try to figure out what Mommie is doing. She is very affectionate and sweet.
  • Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    edited 21 January, 2009
    Our pawrent is our meowmie also. Dad kind of comes and goes (we know he has to work to pay for our cushy lives here). Our meowmie is a kind, gentle and loving person who can also be impulsive and silly and sometimes gets in trouble. Here is who we think we are: Izadore (Izzie): Can be quiet, sleepy and lazy, but also can tear it up when he gets the crazies. (Just like Meowmie!) He is a very loving kitty who will just tap you with his paw when he lays on your lap just to make sure you\'re there and you know he loves you. Delilah the Divine Diva - keeps to herself, stays upstairs most days. Likes to eat and cuddle when SHE feels like it but is always good for a purr/trill and headbonks. The world\'s most beautiful black kitty. Lily Rose- Our little waif. Abused, kicked and thrown, she has come around to be a very loving, friendly kitty. Needs to approach you first. Once she trusts you, she\'s as faithful and loyal as she can be. Likes to sleep in the corner of Shepherd/Husky Jessie\'s loveseat in the master bedroom--of course, when Jessie ISN\'T there!
  • Cassandra NoneCassandra None Member Posts: 406
    edited 21 January, 2009
    Wow. Tough question actually. I have 14 cats, most are ferals and all are rescued by me. Let me do this. My youngest brother says that my cats all have really cool personalities. They are very smart, absolutely hysterical and quite aloof when it comes to someone other than me. And according to my husband, I am exactly the same. Hmmmm.......
  • Stephanie JohnsonStephanie Johnson Member Posts: 556
    edited 24 January, 2009
    I love how different everybody is! Makes me wonder how all the personalities can come together in peace under one roof. :))