The Italian Festa

Comments

• Jennifer RogersonJennifer Rogerson West Yorkshire, EnglandMember Posts: 3,103
    edited 1 March, 2009
    Looking forward to seeing you at midnight. Purrs Alfie
  • Sally GottliebsonSally Gottliebson ColumbusMember Posts: 14,833
    edited 1 March, 2009
    Official start time for the party is 4 catster/dogster time which is 7 eastern time. Its nice to see so many here already and so many wonderful goodies in addition to the official menu...and as someone said, yes, we may need to be rolled home. Here is the official menu The Menu for La Festa Italiana...there are many courses so don't overload on one. ANTIPASTO: plates full of prosciuto, mortadella, smoked ham, salami, marinated vegetables, olives, marinated peppers, provolone, buocconicini, mozzarella
    edited 1 March, 2009
    The second course PRIMA PIATTA(First Plate): Soups Minestrone and Wedding Risotto: Italian Seafood Red wine Milanese Fennel, onion and pea Polenta: with herring With Black leaf Kale Alla Sarda (tomato and cheese sauce Gnocchi: with butter and sage With gorgonzola With pesto Pasta: lasagna alle Bolognese Baked pasta with prosciutto and mozzarella Fettucine alfredo Four Cheese linguine Farfalle with garlic sauce Panette all’ arrabiata
    edited 1 March, 2009
    SEGUNDA PIATTA(second plate) Pollo con patate al forno (baked chicken and potatos)
    edited 1 March, 2009
    sorry, but I am listing the Segunda Piatta as separate postings because there is something included here catster thinks is not "G" rated and won't let it through and I have no idea what iit so...so, dish by dish
  • mia jordanmia jordan baltimore/millersvilleMember Posts: 42
    edited 1 March, 2009
    Ciao! Il mio nome è arancio di Elliott. Sono presto per il partito? È il mio buon amico tramoggia del Jason qui? (Hello! My name is Elliott Orange. Am I early for the party? Is my good friend Jason Hopper here?) http://www.catster.com/forums/post.php#
    edited 1 March, 2009
    Segunda Piatta Cotolette alla Milanese (breaded veal chop) Pollo alla cacciatore (chicken cacciatore)
    edited 1 March, 2009
    Meatballs with marinara sauce Arista di maiale al forno ( Roast pork loin) Veal ossibuchi
    edited 1 March, 2009
    Aspargi con le uova (asparagus with eggs) Pomodori grantinati al forno (Baked stuffed tomato) Caponata di melanzane ( Eggplant caponata)
    edited 1 March, 2009
    We' re aspettando una GRANDE bufera di neve per colpire qui. Forse la mamma otterrà di rimanere domani domestica con noi! |^| (We're waiting for a BIG snowstorm to hit here. Maybe mom will get to stay home with us tomorrow!)
    edited 1 March, 2009
    Hmmm, I found the problem...I guess catster doesn't like the Italian word for green beans...here is the rest of the Segunda Piatta Mixed grilled vegetables Salad Caffe DESSERT: A variety of cheeses and fresh fruits DOLCE(Sweets): Torta de mele (apple cake) Biscotti Variety Palline de cioccolato (chocolate balls…cat and dog safe) Pizzelles Tiramisu Crostata di frutta (fruit tarts) DIGESTIVO(after dinner drinks): Grappa, Amaro, Limoncello Also a variety of Italian wines will be available all evening, plus non alcoholic drinks
    edited 1 March, 2009
    I' la VE ha portato un pò di spuntini del fegato dell'origano per ripartirsi. :P (I've brought some oregano liver snacks to share!!) I'll stop back in a little bit when everyone else arrives... Elliott
    edited 1 March, 2009
    Ok, once again...here is the entire menu minus the green beans(ijn Italian The Menu for La Festa Italiana ANTIPASTO: plates full of prosciuto, mortadella, smoked ham, salami, marinated vegetables, olives, marinated peppers, provolone, buocconicini, mozzarella PRIMA PIATTA(First Plate): Soups Minestrone and Wedding Risotto: Italian Seafood Red wine Milanese Fennel, onion and pea Polenta: with herring With Black leaf Kale Alla Sarda (tomato and cheese sauce Gnocchi: with butter and sage With gorgonzola With pesto Pasta: lasagna alle Bolognese Baked pasta with prosciutto and mozzarella Fettucine alfredo Four Cheese linguine Farfalle with garlic sauce Panette all’ arrabiata SEGUNDA PIATTA(second plate) Pollo con patate al forno (baked chicken and potatos) Cotolette alla Milanese (breaded veal chop) Pollo alla cacciatore (chicken cacciatore) Meatballs with marinara sauce Arista di maiale al forno ( Roast pork loin) Veal ossibuchi Aspargi con le uova (asparagus with eggs) Pomodori grantinati al forno (Baked stuffed tomato) Caponata di melanzane ( Eggplant caponata) (green beans) Mixed grilled vegetables Salad Caffe DESSERT: A variety of cheeses and fresh fruits DOLCE(Sweets): Torta de mele (apple cake) Biscotti Variety Palline de cioccolato (chocolate balls…cat and dog safe) Pizzelles Tiramisu Crostata di frutta (fruit tarts) DIGESTIVO(after dinner drinks): Grappa, Amaro, Limoncello Also a variety of Italian wines will be available all evening, plus non alcoholic drinks
    edited 1 March, 2009
    I'm going to get some mucis started for everyone so it will be playing(in our minds) as y9u arrive...Here is Andrea Bocelli to begin our evening.
    edited 1 March, 2009
    Elliott, are you still here. We officially start in about 20 minutes. I didn't know you spoke Itialian. Mom keeps trying to learn so reading what you and a few others are saying is great practice.
  • Rita Anne ProvenzanoRita Anne Provenzano PhilapawMember Posts: 635
    edited 1 March, 2009
    Stinker, Even though the festival hasn;t officially started yet, please let me say that you sure know how to throw a party! You could be the Official Events Planner for Catster! Thank you in advance for the invite. We are only too happy to be here.%:D%
    edited 1 March, 2009
    Millie, I am so glad you could make it. You brought the Limoncello, right?
    edited 1 March, 2009
    Hello, Stinker. You know your family is going to be here...and if we all speak, our typist will go crazy...abbiamo una grande famiglia
  • Michelle McClintockMichelle McClintock PortlandMember Posts: 5,344
    edited 1 March, 2009
    I know what that means. You have a big family, right?
  • Cathy AudorffCathy Audorff Janesville, WisMember Posts: 3,812 ✭✭
    edited 1 March, 2009
    My Mommie is having trouble already, Kate. She has conversations going in the RBK and at Coqui's birthday party. So I don't think I'll be saying much. But I will be here with you, my darling wife!
    edited 1 March, 2009
    That is right, Bitu. Bee Jay, darling...I am so happy you could make it. How is Little Coquie doing at her party?
    edited 1 March, 2009
    Oh, I certainly understand multiple activites for our cat families.
    edited 1 March, 2009
    Bitu, I am so glad you are here. I am hoping Pumpkin and her family might make it later.
  • Jack HopperJack Hopper Sierra MadreMember Posts: 9,564 ✭✭✭
    edited 1 March, 2009
    Ciao everyfur!:-h
  • Michelle McClintockMichelle McClintock PortlandMember Posts: 5,344
    edited 1 March, 2009
    I just hope I can keep up. I have trouble keeping up at parties.
    edited 1 March, 2009
    Hi Bitu, Morgan and Kate.:-h Hi Stinker buddy.:-h
  • Denise LottDenise Lott South of TucsonMember Posts: 813
    edited 1 March, 2009
    Buona sera, Catsters and Dogsters! That's the only Italian phrase I learned so far--MOL!
    edited 1 March, 2009
    Ciao Elliott.:-h
  • Cathy AudorffCathy Audorff Janesville, WisMember Posts: 3,812 ✭✭
    edited 1 March, 2009
    You aren't the only one with that trouble, Bitu! We just try to understand if our friends miss something, and hope they do the same!!
    edited 1 March, 2009
    Oh Stinker, hello! I'm tempted to lie to seem cosmopolitan and impress the ladies, but that wouldn't be nice - I don't speak Italian - I just found a great site that will translate your sentences into other languages for you - babelfish.yahoo.com Check it out ;-)