HELP! Smyrna, GA- Norwegian Forest Cats - full breed need a home

Deborah EbersoldDeborah Ebersold West HollywoodMember Posts: 43,115 ✭✭✭
edited 16 September, 2009 in Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings
I received a phone call tonight from a gentleman who has to give up his two 14 year old Norwegian Forest Cats in Smyrna Georgia (near Atlanta) due to financial circumstances. Unfortunately donations in this case won't help him and he is having to move in with relatives and give up his apartment and can not take his two beloved cats with him. They are both in great health, one Brown Tabby and White and one Blue and White altered males. I will be receiving photos of them tomorrow. He would prefer to have them out of there by this coming weekend as he has to go down to Florida where he will be moving. They are from Shallay cattery so there is no hope of help from that breeder. They are indoor only and unfortunately de-clawed and they need to go together as they are litter mates and have been together all 14 years of their lives. I might be able to give them temporary shelter and try to place them at the Atlanta show but I would not feel comfortable bringing cats that age into the show hall so I would have to use photos but in the meantime if anyone can help find these two cats a home or have people willing to give these two cats a place to live out their life while keeping in touch with Mr. Cohen (the owner) it would be great. For contact info email me privately at [email protected]