Dora and Kay Cee\'s new home!

Debbie CormellDebbie Cormell Member Posts: 158
Dora and Kay Cee are sister Himalyian/Siamese cats that lived across the street from each other with Sister family members. One passed away a year ago, so the other sister took Kay Cee back into her home to reunite the "sister" cats. When she passed away Jan 31, 09 these 2 sweet (almost 11 year old) "girls" were brought to me to foster. Dora, the one who most recently lost her meow-mom had stress fractures of white showing in her beautiful stunning blue eyes and tried to lay down and die!! Having adopted 2 older cats previously, I am thankful I knew what to do and they came to me to foster. Weeks turned into months, and once anyone found out their age, they were not going to get adopted. My loving husband knowing their chances, gave me another wonderful moment in our long marriage - IF you want to keep these girls, I was told, you can not foster anymore. How could I look into these 2 girls eyes and tell them I didn't want them either! Though we travel with 4 other cats around the country, I quickly said YES! Papers signed, microchips in place all 6 loaded into the back end of my "cat" SUV - with a guard gate behind the front seats, off we went. While fosters are always needed and I will miss helping out, I know these 2 "girls" will never know another home, get every treat their mommies wrote that they liked and would like to introduce the Newest Members of our Family --- Dora and Kay Cee! Not talky Himalyians' they did however "find" their voices (*squeak*) during our days driving. We are now set down for a few months, and they are beginning the slow process of getting to know Bonnie (age 14), Olive (11), Lucky Streak (6) and Sandy Sandia (4). |:| Thank you Lois and Carolyn for giving these girls their first homes for almost 11 years, and I promise they are being loved, getting their treaties and 1/2 and 1/2 cream, and Dora has overcome her extreme grief and given her love to me already. You have given me thoughts about arrangements to make AHEAD of time when I get older, as you did with your sweet girls and we all should think about. Sincerely, Debbie aka Crazy Cat Lady aka Head Wench aka Meow Mom of SIX now :-)

Comments

• Jan AllenJan Allen DallasMember Posts: 2,596
    edited 15 April, 2009
    How sweet you are and you will receive your crown. The girls are beautiful. Read my story along with my sister Autumn. xoxox
  • Faye DufourFaye Dufour Destrehan, LA/New Orleans areaMember Posts: 4,648
    edited 15 April, 2009
    What a wonderful thing you did in taking these two beautiful cats into your home (and heart). Knowing they will never be separated I am sure made them happy. Their late owners are watching and smiling, knowing their babies are safe and loved. Bless you, and your wonderful husband for giving these girls a home. Hugs and Purrs from The New Orleans Kitties Emma Barrett, Louis Armstrong, Benny Grunch, Pete Fountain, Charmaine Neville and Buddy Bolden
  • Cassandra NoneCassandra None Member Posts: 406
    edited 15 April, 2009
    A happy post to be sure - it still made me cry a bit. I LOVE happy endings.
  • SterlingAndTheSTeamSterlingAndTheSTeam Mount OliveMember Posts: 41,262 ✭✭✭
    edited 15 April, 2009
    Your kindness will be returned to you, tenfold. :c9 Purrs and Love, Athena, Apollo and Aragorn |:||:||:||:|
  • Debbie CormellDebbie Cormell Member Posts: 158
    edited 16 April, 2009
    :-h Thanks everyone, the love given to us by our "new" precious girls makes my heart alive. People don't know what they are missing when they get to save an older cat (or two :-) that have known such love, they have so much more to give back. Awww I read about your two kitties and Adore their stories! They also have a very special Meow Mom!! hehhe about teeth cleaning every 6 months and not being able to use a tooth brush. Can't wait to try and get all 6 cats on my chair and 1/2 for our next Christmas photo. Will post the Chair and 1/2 Four cat Xmas photo on our Bonnie's page - who knew they made chairs this size for multiple Meow Moms Dora and Kay Cee's proud new Meow Mom:))
  • Ellie CarterEllie Carter SeattleMember Posts: 2,252
    edited 16 April, 2009
    Awwww!!! What a sweet story. I too became teary eyed.... Thanks for sharing and thanks for opening your home to these two terrific kitties....